Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Ferrari CX50 vs Ferrari CX60 Mountain Bikes?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-23, 12:03 PM
Jackie1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone know which one is better? A friend of mine wants me to find him one., He wants a ferrari bike and I can't talk him out of it. Anyone know which is the better one?
Old 06-05-23, 12:51 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
I guess the hardtail (cx50) would be slightly better-ish but not because a full suspension is bad but an older full suspension could need a lot of work and at least with a hardtail I can get a decent fork pretty easily for an older 26" mountain bike but sometimes older shocks can be a little bit tough. There isn't great info online about the bikes.

What sort of riding is your friend doing and why are they stuck on a Ferrari bike beyond it having a logo for a car company? It could be none of those bikes are great for their riding or finding a used one that fits is going to be tough or if you find one that fits it is in rough shape or something like that.
Old 06-05-23, 03:04 PM
Jackie1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was able to look this up as differences.

CX50 (has part carbon fiber frame)

The frame of the CX 50 is made from hydroformed aluminium and carbon fiber.
This model features Suntour XCR-RL forks, XC aluminium handlebar with aluminium 3D cold forged stem, Shimano hydraulic disk brake (BR-M485), Continental Explorer Pro 26 tires and Shimano Deore shifters and derailleurs and super Narrow 9 speed chain.
The Ferrari CX 50 is completed by a Ferrari Sport Edition microfiber saddle, Wellgo pedals and double density grips.
The Ferrari CX 50 bicycle has been produced by Turbo with Colnago exclusively for Ferrari.

CX60 (all aluminum)
Hydro formed Aluminium, Colnago 6061 Dual Suspension
Rock Shox Multilink rear suspension
Suntour Epicon forks
Shifters: Shimano LX M-580 derailleurs and shifters
Brakes: Shimano Hydraulic Disc BR-M535 w/ SM-RT51 Rotors Front 160mm Rear 160mm
Wellgo pedals Double density grips
Old 06-05-23, 03:32 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4946 Post(s)
Liked 8,087 Times in 3,826 Posts
Despite the heritage and prestige of Ferrari as a manufacturer of high-end autos, that tradition does not extend into the world of bicycles. Despite the heritage and prestige of Colnago as a manufacturer of high-end road bikes, that tradition does not extend into the world of MTBs. All that said, if in good condition, either of these bikes might ride adequately. Just be aware that the Ferrari name is fairly meaningless as an indicator of anything other than a marketing gimmick.

Also...
Old 08-31-23, 04:51 PM
Jackie1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the post and cool pic. We finally found a bike and will post pics soon.