Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Different E-bike Displays, specifically TSDZ2B

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-23, 10:41 AM
junxyd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I’m in the UK looking at buying a TSDZ2B conversion kit for my Marlin 7 mtb. I’ve sorted the model power and battery but was wondering the pros and cons of each display offered. Most people I’ve seen have the VLCD5 or the 850C so was wondering about the 500C or the VLCD12.
Interested in usability in the rain and visibility in the sun.
Any advice or feedback from previous users would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-08-23, 09:46 PM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 192 Posts
I have the VLCD5 and have used the bafang specific 850C on a BBS02B mid drive lit. The 850C shows voltage and wattage on the bafang, which are useful. I suppose it would at least show the voltage on a Tong Sheng. However, it's a color display and is hard to see in sun light. I suppose this is true of most color units.

I prefer to know my battery voltage, rather the bars, because I understand the voltage curves well on my batteries, I've installed voltmeters on my other ebikes that don't display the voltage, but not yet on my TSDZ2, The VLSD5 is big and clunky, but it can be read easily, even though it has a funky LCD font.

I try not to ride in the rain, and no longer ride thru deep puddles, I've drowned several controllers in the past, Water seeped in via the cables,
Old 10-13-23, 03:10 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Sort of feels like they're working towards an ANT+ standard so that bike computers can display e-bike information. Right now, it's kind of a mess. Give it a few years. But that's the right answer ultimately.

J.