Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Shokz Open Run Pro for cycling

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-23, 09:53 AM
Caliwild

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 288 Posts

Hey gang,

Anyone have any real-world experience with these? Thinking of getting 'em for early morning rides...

https://www.cyclist.co.uk/reviews/sh...run-pro-review
Old 10-18-23, 09:42 PM
IcySwan1 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 75 Posts
I have used them for about 2 years. I am 72 and a roadie. I listen to books and they work great. The main thing is my ears are not blocked and I can hear what is going around me.

Mike
Likes For IcySwan1:
Old 10-21-23, 07:11 AM
rob214

Bikes: 2017 giant TCR, 2019 Santa Cruz tallboy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
I love mine, if I do a group ride I keep the volume really low. I like listening to music but I also have a garmin Varia radar light so I can hear the warning sound of cars coming and yes the radar lets my know way before I could ever know without it.
Likes For rob214:
Old 10-22-23, 08:35 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
I have used Aftershokz Unicomm for 3 years now, on the bikes and everywhere else. When the new Windows would not pair with them properly, I dropped the system, not the headset.
Likes For 2_i:
Old 11-02-23, 10:00 AM
Caliwild

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 288 Posts
Got one, and I love it! Works great... The sound is louder than I expected. Might try it for indoor cycling too when I don't want to wake the family in the morning...
Likes For Caliwild:
Old 11-07-23, 12:46 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
I've been using them since the whole bone conduction thing started years ago. I will periodically try others, but I always come back to these - I'm a fan. I use them to listen to podcasts with my iPhone as the source so when it's time to skip commercials, two taps on the button on the left side pushes the podcast forward 60s (how I have it set). However, the button is too small and too subtle of a feel if I'm using full finger gloves of any kind but it's worse the thicker the glove. So I found these (Chubby Buttons) that fix that problem.

The only other problem I see with the Shokz stuff is it takes some experimenting with hats if you're riding in the deep winter or late fall like I do here in Minnesota.

J.