Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Star City Nebraska

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-23, 08:10 AM
woodyj21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts

Hello All!

I am the happy new owner of a vintage Bianchi Grizzly MTB, that I think *may* be one year younger than me. I don't know much about it all. It went straight from the sale to the bike shop for a comprehenisve tune-up, although I do hope to learn how to maintain it myself. I have basic tools at home and YouTube KnowHow. -- I'm looking forward to being able to post photos and I hope folks can help me figure out what exactly I have.

I am looking forward to my first bike that is an actual machine versus a toy It will be a commuter bike to get me from home to work, which is about a 7 min drive in a car. Eventually I'll hope to put a way to carry cargo like a computer bag.

I appreciate the forum and everyone's labor helping each other out.
~jw
Old 09-21-23, 04:47 AM
f2892704
Banned.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome! Can you share some pictures of your bike?
Old 09-25-23, 08:55 AM
woodyj21

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Finally got past the 10 post quota and then I hit the daily post limit before I could actually share these photos :!
(I would like help figuring out what exactly I have but will ask that question in the appropriate forum). The seller thought it was an '83 Bianchi Grizzly, but I have my doubts because of the color. That year was only made in Celete, and I think mine is more of a.... dark sea green vice that sweet mint toothpaste green.

But here she is:

The Altus set is a replacement I believe from the orginal Deore

I like the look of the roller cam (but I haven't had to adjust them yet, *thanks Monkey Wrench Bike Shop techs!*)