Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Kids love bike riding!

Search
Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Kids love bike riding!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-23, 01:04 PM
jdefran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Kids love bike riding!

My kids are 7 & 5 and have enjoyed bike riding since they were tots. With everyone off training wheels it has really opened the door for family bike rides. As an encouragement to folks in this thread I wanted to share a recent experience. We've been exploring double-wide trails (like walking/equestrian paths, as opposed to single track) and kids just love exploring the outdoors. My 5 year old has a hard time keeping up sometimes but loves to run (I carry his bike while riding) as a 'break'. My daughter informed me 'this is the trail my tires love, we need to ride here more'.

Ride on Fam!
Likes For jdefran:
Old 05-04-23, 01:22 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by jdefran
My 5 year old has a hard time keeping up sometimes but loves to run (I carry his bike while riding) as a 'break'. My daughter informed me 'this is the trail my tires love, we need to ride here more'
priceless

take pics & vids! (& save them!)
Old 05-16-23, 01:54 PM
campfire

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by jdefran
My daughter informed me 'this is the trail my tires love, we need to ride here more'.
Awww....

That's pretty neat.
Old 02-29-24, 07:03 AM
AntoAll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My daughters are 1 and 3, my 3yo already loves biking, I can't wait for family bike rides ! Cheers!
Old 03-17-24, 05:54 PM
50PlusCycling

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)
Liked 814 Times in 410 Posts
It took some time, but I finally got my daughter riding her bike well. She’s steady enough now to ride on the roadside, and we’re doing 2 or 3 rides together each week. She’s 9 years old now, and has a new Trek Precaliber 24”.

Yesterday I went riding around the cycling course at Yoyogi park, which has a cycling center and bike rental shop. The course is just over 1 mile long, and they have a separate park with paved paths for little kids to learn to ride. Yesterday (Sunday), there were at least a hundred kids at various stages of learning to ride. It was good to see.

We’re visiting America twice next summer, and looking forward to doing some cycling in the Southwest, and then in Central Park.