Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Review: Fizik Vento Argo R3 Adaptive Saddle

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-23, 02:35 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2241 Post(s)
Liked 3,437 Times in 1,800 Posts

The Fizik Vento Argo R3 Adaptive Saddle is one of the new carbon fiber 3D printer saddles (albeit not one that is customized to a particular individual's anatomy). I found it on sale and decided to do the experiment.

I fully understand that saddle fit is a very personal thing, but I was surprised just how uncomfortable this was. It looked well-made, but my advice is be sure to try before you buy. (My comparison is a 9 year old Brooks B17, fwiw).
Old 04-08-23, 02:06 PM
oldbobcat

Bikes: '80 Masi Gran Criterium, '12 Trek Madone, early '60s Frejus track

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 337 Posts
Unless your BMI and pelvic-perineal profile are exactly the same as the guy the saddle was made for, I don't see how it would work. If a B-17 suits you, don't fight it. You're one step ahead of a lot of us.
Likes For oldbobcat:
Old 04-09-23, 11:06 AM
Sojodave

Bikes: The Blurple Specialized Roubaix Pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 75 Posts
I know that saddles are a personal preference. However, I have tried tons of a saddles and I have had good luck with the Fizik Argo Tempo R3 Adaptive. I tried the Specialized Power Mirror and I didn't find it as comfortable. My one suggestion is to move the saddle as far forward as you can and see if that works. I have found it takes a month to decide if a saddle is going to work.
Likes For Sojodave:
Old 04-09-23, 09:03 PM
gene99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
i didn't like the saddle at first, but it has become my go-too multi-day touring saddle. while it never feels entirely comfortable (what saddle does?) i don't get the kind of hot spots i got on other saddles i used for touring.
so i say, give it a longer try.
Likes For gene99:
Old 04-19-23, 08:19 AM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

I returned it immediately. I agree it probably deserved a longer trial, but it was in new and unmarked condition (I put electrical tape at the clamp interface).

I think where these things will really take off is when they are customized to the user's profile.
Old 04-21-23, 12:40 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4413 Post(s)
Liked 4,864 Times in 3,010 Posts
Originally Posted by Sojodave
I know that saddles are a personal preference. However, I have tried tons of a saddles and I have had good luck with the Fizik Argo Tempo R3 Adaptive. I tried the Specialized Power Mirror and I didn't find it as comfortable. My one suggestion is to move the saddle as far forward as you can and see if that works. I have found it takes a month to decide if a saddle is going to work.
I presume you meant Vento Argo as there is no adaptive version of the Tempo version. Well at least not in the UK anyway.
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 05-27-23, 11:13 AM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mine was

​​​​​​​Fizik Vento Argo R3 Adaptive Saddle Black - 150mm