Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

SRAM ETap battery cover really needed?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-22, 03:57 PM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 264 Posts

As I received my new Diverge from the dealer, they didn’t install the vented cover and once I put it on, it’s kind of a pain. The battery locks in place securely on its own, is the cover really needed?
Old 11-09-22, 04:09 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Probably not, I don't think it will hurt anything especially off road but I don't think it is crucial. So far I haven't had any customers with fallen batteries.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 11-09-22, 04:16 PM
rollagain
Lopsided biped

Bikes: 2017 Day 6 Cyclone (the Buick); 2015 Simcoe Deluxe (the Xebec); Street Strider 3i (the not-a-bike); GreenSpeed Anura (the Black Swan)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked 160 Times in 97 Posts
It's probably there just to keep the molten shrapnel out of your body parts if it decides to explode.

[Edit to add]
You should be asking the manufacturer.

Last edited by rollagain; 11-10-22 at 05:35 PM.