Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

What's it Worth?? 1973 Windsor Professional

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-11, 01:27 PM
fastguy101

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have had this bike sitting in my garage for as long as I can remember. It was given to me by my dad but I've just been neglecting it. Recently, I took it in to get, "tuned" and i was thinking about selling it. but I have no idea what it's worth.
I wrote down some of the components.
FRAME Hand-brazzed Columbus 510 double-butted steel tubing; fully lugged with Windsor long-point lugs. Campagnolo Neuvo Record headset, bottom bracket and chromed front and rear dropouts.
STEM Cinelli
HANDLEBARS Cinelli
FRONT BRAKE Galli
REAR BRAKE Galli
BRAKE LEVERS Galli
FRONT DERAILLEUR Campagnolo Neuvo Record
REAR DERAILLEUR Campagnolo Neuvo Record
SHIFT LEVERS Campagnolo Neuvo Record
CRANKSET Campagnolo Neuvo Record
CHAINRINGS 52 x 43T Campagnolo
PEDALS Avocel
WHEELS Shimano with unreadable second word
SADDLE Windsor (Lambertini)
SEATPOST Cinelli 27.2
pics:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/6381782...7626784686291/
Old 06-07-11, 01:49 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3471 Post(s)
Liked 2,845 Times in 2,006 Posts
Unfortunately the chrome is going. $400 as a best top guess, probably the same if you had not had it tuned up, the person who wants this bike is going to tear it down and micro clean everything, go back to Campagnolo hubs and probably Campagnolo or Universal brakes. These were a "knock off" of the of the Cinelli Super Corsa. The do have a bit of a following, not known for great brazing but this one has stood the test of time, so probably does not have issues. This one appears to be a 57 or 58 cm center of the cranks to the top of the top tube. The brakes are probably not original, nor either saddle. Original wheels would have been tubulars. Original pedals most likely would have been Campagnolo. If the original wheels are around, they will make the bike an easier sell.

I would be interested in the old loose saddle, as I happen to have an arse that matches it, bummer its torn. Advise if you place the saddle on ebay as I would bid on it. Original saddle was probably a Mexico copy of a Cinelli, and not very comfortable.