Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Trek sport 6 ??

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Trek sport 6 ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-21, 04:12 AM
Masonchat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Trek sport 6 ??

Hi, I recently got the trek fx 2 disc, which I like and it is a good bike.

But the bike I really had my eye on was the trek sport 6 , I couldn't afford it at the time it was 2300 euro at the time, its now gone up to 2600.

But things have changed and I could get it, but is it really worth 2000 more than the trek fx2 , I've never had a high end bike so I wouldn't know , any opinions welcome and thanks
Old 07-03-21, 06:29 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 699 Times in 436 Posts
Maybe the question should be: is it worth 2000 more TO YOU? Do you need the lightest, fastest bike in Trek's lineup of FX bikes? Do you ride competitively, or just ride for the enjoyment of riding. It's a fine bike, with better components than the FX 2, but do you really need all that? Are you an advanced rider, do group rides where the pace is very quick? I'd say the bike itself is worth the extra money, but TO ME, the FX 2 would be fine (have been thinking about buy an FX 3), for my riding, I don't need the "best". Something that gets me from point A to B, without breaking down, and at a decent pace, is fine. If the FX 2 isn't doing that for you, and you feel a need for the "best", then it might be worth it. Bottom line-the specs justify the extra cost, but is it worth it TO YOU?

Last edited by freeranger; 07-03-21 at 06:38 AM.
Likes For freeranger:
Old 07-04-21, 01:47 PM
Masonchat

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by freeranger
Maybe the question should be: is it worth 2000 more TO YOU? Do you need the lightest, fastest bike in Trek's lineup of FX bikes? Do you ride competitively, or just ride for the enjoyment of riding. It's a fine bike, with better components than the FX 2, but do you really need all that? Are you an advanced rider, do group rides where the pace is very quick? I'd say the bike itself is worth the extra money, but TO ME, the FX 2 would be fine (have been thinking about buy an FX 3), for my riding, I don't need the "best". Something that gets me from point A to B, without breaking down, and at a decent pace, is fine. If the FX 2 isn't doing that for you, and you feel a need for the "best", then it might be worth it. Bottom line-the specs justify the extra cost, but is it worth it TO YOU?
Yeah originally I was looking at fx3 myself , can't fault the fx2 really ,very good bike for the money I think.
I don't compete no or ride in groups, but I do like to compete with myself ., but you are probably right, as nice as it would be, it probably would be 2000 I don't need to spend
Old 07-06-21, 07:55 PM
Fendertele

Bikes: Trek Domane SL5

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 28 Posts
It’s easy to spend a lot of money on bikes and accessories. Not too much different than deciding which car, trim level, and options. You are the best judge of what you can afford and the personal reward you get from the bike.
I have a rim brake Verve 2. Similar components to the Fx2. This bike is good value for the money and I ride it frequently. Not a fan of the Tourney front derailleur but the other components work well.
I also have a Domane SL5. Similar components to the Fx6. The 105 group set is very nice, the frame is carbon and it has disc brakes. A very nice bike but much more expensive.
I share the comparison to suggest you can have fun, get a good workout, compete against yourself and get to the same destination with either bike. One bike much more economically than the other.
Likes For Fendertele:
Old 07-06-21, 08:03 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,245 Times in 623 Posts
Go for One. It is calling You.

FX Sport 6 | Trek Bikes

Likes For 10 Wheels: