Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Does the Lezyne Multi Drive 1000 light have the cut-off beam?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Does the Lezyne Multi Drive 1000 light have the cut-off beam?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-20, 03:02 PM
Elvo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 206 Posts
Looking at the Lumintop B01 for $50 from Amazon for a ~500 lumen cut off wide beam for urban riding. Any other options in this price range?
Old 08-13-20, 03:14 PM
polyphrast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Elvo
Looking at the Lumintop B01 for $50 from Amazon for a ~500 lumen cut off wide beam for urban riding. Any other options in this price range?
I'd say no, there are here and there some other chinese cut-off lights appearing under different brand names at aliexpress, banggood or amazon, but pricewise and (beamquality wise) similar to the B01. No light with a certification in that output and price range vailable. Maybe some of the lower powered raveman lights, but i'd say the lumintop has a much more clear cut-off.

Originally Posted by Miele Man
I wonder how the Lezyne 500 or 550 lights with SvTZO beams will compare to this 1000 light? I might just buy one to see.
Cheers
Depending on how you adjust the 1000 light, HB500 (or the Power Pro 115) in dipped mode will give the same amout of light on the road (minus all the light above the cutoff) with a bit narrower beam. In high beam, probably same brightness, but overall narrower beam pattern than the 1000 light. (I do have a Power Pro 80 with 280 lm and i had a 1000 lm "flashlight style" light). Just less illuminated tree tops
Old 02-08-21, 02:53 PM
sysrq

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Seems like Fenix Bc25r has better beam intensity distribution (brighter at the top, dimmer at the bottom) and slightly sharper cut-off than a Fenix Bc35r (relatively heavy, expensive light with a lot of gimmicky features). Fenix bc25r could be used as a low beam and bc35r as a high beam since it has a remote with a flashing option. Shame bc25r doesn't have one otherwise it could be mounted at the for crown to prevent blinding shorter people.
Looks like high beams on cars are also evenly spread similar to low beams with a sharp cut-off and no hot spots nowadays, so bc35r could be used that way, this could reduce eye fatigue and increase the probability of seeing someone trying to cross the road sooner.
As for bc25r lack of remote button, could take a risk and pry it open in order to solder some wire with a tackle switch encased it heat shrink tube ziptied to handlebars.
Another thing is, there appears to be a lot of blue light spectrum coming out of these lights for some despite them beang at 4400k color temperature when checking with Light Spectrum Pro Evo app. Not the best way to check but on other lights with higher color temperature there appears to be a lot less.
Also can't decide between swapping out LED emitters for lower color temperature and CRI (color rendering index), or just use some Lee filters at the lower part of the reflector so that near field illumination is lower while the part bellow cut-off stays brighter in order to preserve the night vision and making the beam smoother.
Busch and Mueller is using scoop reflector with an emitter positioned from above and some lens at the top, while Fenix appears to have combination with two reflectors, scooped for lover part of the beam and half parabolic reflector for the upper part with emitter positioned vertically at the back.
Old 02-08-21, 03:17 PM
sysrq

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts

Old 02-10-21, 09:33 AM
adamrice 
mosquito rancher

Bikes: Bob Jackson 853 Arrowhead; Felt VR30; Kinesis UK RTD; Hujsak tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 133 Posts
It is dismaying that there are so few StVZO (or "StVZO-style") headlights for sale in the USA, even from companies that distribute other models in the USA, like Lezyne and Cateye. You're pretty much stuck ordering from overseas (which isn't that much of an obstacle, I guess). Weirdly, one company that does is Kryptonite: their "Incite X8" looks a lot like a Trelock.