Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Elyria (west of Cleveland)

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-21, 09:12 PM
mattswabb

Bikes: Scott Foil, GT Edge titanium, Trek Y bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Matt from Elyria Ohio.

I have a longtime history with cycling. As a youth. Had a 24” wheel schwinn varsity I zipped all around town on. Then I was heavily into BMX starting back in the late 70’s till I went into the Army in ‘87. Then while stationed in Germany I bought a partially built Cannondale in maybe 1989 and scrounged for parts to get it riding. I bet I had less than $150 in that bike.

In 1992 I started racing and bought a Cannondale 2.8, then later a couple different GT’s. I raced as a cat 1 for the 1996-97 season then quit. Took a few years off then road again in the early 2000’s.

This year after about 18 years off I got back on the bike. January I started at 210 lbs and now at 150 and I’ll probably finish the year at 4500 miles.

A few weeks ago I bought a very lightly used Scott Foil. Love the new bike and can’t wait for next season. I was riding a titanium GT and this is such a faster nicer bike.

Old 12-11-21, 09:18 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Howdy and welcome!