Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Most BF Cliches in one sentence?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Most BF Cliches in one sentence?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-09, 01:38 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1492 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 642 Posts
I don't think BF can take credit for HTFU. Team CSC owns those rights.
Old 04-20-09, 01:38 PM
aham23
grilled cheesus

Bikes: 2010 CAAD9 Custom, 06 Giant TCR C2 & 05 Specialized Hardrock Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
later.
Old 04-20-09, 01:43 PM
KiddSisko
Has coddling tendencies.

Bikes: 2008 Blue RC8 w/ '09 Rival

Liked 59 Times in 8 Posts
Rash thread moving is for wussy.
Old 04-20-09, 01:44 PM
Surferbruce

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
try the search forum

Last edited by Surferbruce; 04-20-09 at 01:46 PM. Reason: smile
Old 04-20-09, 01:48 PM
pgoat
Batüwü Griekgriek

Bikes: 1986 Trek 500 Tri Series, 2005 Cannondale R1000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
as always, foo gets the poo
Old 04-20-09, 01:52 PM
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!

Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
I don't think there was a requirement that the cliche has to be originated on BF..just used to the point of cliche on BF.
Old 04-20-09, 01:59 PM
SpongeDad
Overacting because I can

Bikes: Merlin Agilis, Trek 1500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Following an excruciatingly burning pee and the 4-year wait for a custom paint job, I decided to pull the trigger on my awesome new Mercier/Motobecane/BottecchiaUSA, flipped the stem, swapped the wheels for some rockin' new Open Pro Ultegras then swapped again for some Zipps with very supple Vittoria Corsa EVO CX tubulars, and on my maiden voyage, forgot to clip out of my new clipless pedals and fell over, then I saw some OCP fred up ahead and I dialed it up to 400W, droped the hamer, and yelled at him to learn some self-loathing and HTFU, because after all, it's the engine not the bicycle.

"I am a courageous cyclist." (SpongeDad)
Old 04-20-09, 02:00 PM
botto 

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by pgoat
as always, foo gets the poo
it's not "poo" (btw foo never ceases to impress with such worthy threads), it's a mod's misguided decision to move a thread.
Old 04-20-09, 02:01 PM
Benjamin11
Harsh Generation

Bikes: GMC Yukon XL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KingTermite
I don't think there was a requirement that the cliche has to be originated on BF..just used to the point of cliche on BF.
That was my understanding.
Old 04-20-09, 02:02 PM
Hocam
Ho-Jahm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After I finished posting photos and asking questions about my fit, I began commenting on my friends cervelo cable routing when another friend claimed the CAAD9 has a laterally stiffer and vertically compliant ride that can only be noticed at 400 watts; I told them both to HTFU and dropped the hammer.
Old 04-20-09, 02:10 PM
urbanknight
Over the hill

Bikes: Giant Defy, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked 1,206 Times in 692 Posts
Originally Posted by roadiejorge
I was about to drope the hamer on a Fred because he didn't say hi or wave when I pulled up next to him on my new Cervelo, not some POS BD bike of course because those bikes don't have enough bling factor nor are they stiff enough.
Remove the comma and the resulting run-on sentence will also count for a cliche.
Old 04-20-09, 02:12 PM
Hammertoe
A Little Bent

Location: Struggling up a hillside in Vermont, USA... ..........................................
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old 04-20-09, 02:12 PM
MillCreek
BF Risk Manager

Bikes: Road, mountain and folding

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
And I told the Fred he was too fat for this sport.
Old 04-20-09, 02:14 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by SpongeDad
Following an excruciatingly burning pee and the 4-year wait for a custom paint job, I decided to pull the trigger on my awesome new Mercier/Motobecane/BottecchiaUSA, flipped the stem, swapped the wheels for some rockin' new Open Pro Ultegras then swapped again for some Zipps with very supple Vittoria Corsa EVO CX tubulars, and on my maiden voyage, forgot to clip out of my new clipless pedals and fell over, then I saw some OCP fred up ahead and I dialed it up to 400W, droped the hamer, and yelled at him to learn some self-loathing and HTFU, because after all, it's the engine not the bicycle.
He didn't wave. What's up with that?
Old 04-20-09, 02:17 PM
McTufferton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Let's not forget the "Shill". As in: "You low-life shill. Low post count, and you're first thread is about *insert company-name-that-we-all-know here*!?! Freakin' SHILL!!! "
Old 04-20-09, 02:18 PM
garysol1 

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisvu05
I decided to pull the trigger on my awesome new Mercier/Motobecane/BottecchiaUSA and good thing I didn't use a credit card purchasing stuff from the UK. I couldn't decide what crank to use a compact or a triple and which wheelset was an even bigger problem. I decided to head out on my maiden voyage but first had to decide whether to wear underwear under my shorts and I questioned if i should ride with an iPod. I decided to ride with the iPod because it drowns out the pain in my guads as well as the damn cagers who think I should ride on the sidewalk during critical mass. I saw some fred up ahead and I dialed it up to 400W, drope the hammer, and told him to HTFU. BTW did you hear Lance is racing again...i'm not sure if he's a doper or not but I really would like to get a trek.
Just when I thought I would win the race some dude on a Recumbent dropped me hard. I saw his long white beard flopping in the wind and the Mellow Johnny's jersey that he was rocking. I looked over as he passed and his Garmin 705 read an AVG speed of 32mph. I yelled at him as he half wheeled me.
Old 04-20-09, 02:27 PM
urbanknight
Over the hill

Bikes: Giant Defy, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked 1,206 Times in 692 Posts
I think you can all do better than that. I haven't seen exploding carbon, schwag, wrong forum, bibs are better than shorts, or any Campy vs. Shimano comment.
Old 04-20-09, 02:27 PM
Phantoj
Certifiable Bike "Expert"

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by botto
let's see if we can try this thread again. these were the replies before someone rashly decided to move it to foo.
LOL, who runs this forum?
Old 04-20-09, 02:36 PM
flyingscotsman
Nothing here to see!!!!!!

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I decided to pull the trigger on my awesome new Mercier/Motobecane/BottecchiaUSA and good thing I didn't use a credit card purchasing stuff from the UK. I couldn't decide what crank to use a compact or a triple and which wheelset was an even bigger problem. I decided to head out on my maiden voyage but first had to decide whether to wear underwear under my shorts and I questioned if i should ride with an iPod. I decided to ride with the iPod because it drowns out the pain in my guads as well as the damn cagers who think I should ride on the sidewalk during critical mass. I saw some fred up ahead and I dialed it up to 400W, drope the hammer, and told him to HTFU. BTW did you hear Lance is racing again...i'm not sure if he's a doper or not but I really would like to get a trek.
and on top off all that not decided if I should wear a helmet, what do you guys think.
Old 04-20-09, 02:43 PM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
If these are representative of BF cliches, we can safely conclude that the vast majority of us are Freds
Old 04-20-09, 03:14 PM
garysol1 

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
I had to merge the two threads. It may read a little out of order but there is nothing I can do to fix that without deleting a bunch of posts. So lets forward with this thread from here please.
Old 04-20-09, 03:15 PM
MrCrassic 

Bikes: 2008 Giant OCR1 (with panda bear on the back!)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
ONE sentence.

Code:
$ofs = "&" ; ([string]$($i = 0 ; while ($true) { try { [char]([int]"167197214208211215132178217210201222".substring($i,3) - 100) ; $i =
 $i+3 > catch { break >>)).replace('&','') ; $ofs=" " # Replace right angles with right curly braces
Old 04-20-09, 03:19 PM
MrCrassic 

Bikes: 2008 Giant OCR1 (with panda bear on the back!)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
While I decided between a Shimano or Campagnolo groupset, I threw my helmet in the dishwasher and yelled at the neighbors.

Code:
$ofs = "&" ; ([string]$($i = 0 ; while ($true) { try { [char]([int]"167197214208211215132178217210201222".substring($i,3) - 100) ; $i =
 $i+3 > catch { break >>)).replace('&','') ; $ofs=" " # Replace right angles with right curly braces
Old 04-20-09, 03:41 PM
sced
South Carolina Ed

Bikes: Holdsworth custom, Macario Pro, Ciocc San Cristobal, Viner Nemo, Cyfac Le Mythique, Giant TCR, Tommasso Mondial, Cyfac Etoile

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 291 Times in 138 Posts
Wearing new bibs, I was testing that awesome new Rival gooppo my LBS swapped out for the si ht y Sora that I couldn't shift from the drops on my CADD 9 during my first group ride and dreaming of a full custom Lynskey or something more expensive that’ll last forever when I’m old, a Fred on a BD piece of c ra p that was shilling for Mike on her PDA came into might sights, so I dialed the Cervelo with the 7900 up to 400W, drope the hammer, and told her to HTFU and get a Madonne with Red and a Prince with 11 and Zipps and Contis and Gatorskins and Thomson this and that and etc; however, at just that moment.....
Old 04-20-09, 03:49 PM
Jynx

Bikes: 2006 Cannondale CAAD8

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro

Buy your bike parts here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.