Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Buses/HGV's

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-17, 11:24 AM
Randombiker9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Buses/HGV's

Basically when I ever I cycle on road. I always make sure I can see veichels mirrors but still a HGV always overtakes me to closely. Also the buses in my area also seem to honk at cyclists for no reason. The other day I saw car wasn't going to give way to me and a bus driver honked from behind as in a way like to say hurry up and then when I looked back honked again. I stopped so I could let the car that didn't give way to go. He could of obviously seen this and if was to go the first time he honked I could off been in an accident. I just took a different route that day to avoid that bus driver because if followed the way he goes he could of done another stupid thing.
Also other times I've seen buses honk at other cyclists for no reasons.
(Car drivers aren't too bad around here with bad overtakes if they are it's usually just pulling in to close after overtaking. )

What are your experiences with Buses/HGV's/Cars etc..?