Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Think I Saw Felt Disc CX

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-11, 10:40 PM
Rumpled

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Think I Saw Felt Disc CX

I happen to work just a couple blocks from Felt HQ. I've seen rumors of Felt coming out with a CF disc equipped CF bike.
A couple of days ago as I was driving home from work I saw a guy riding from the street onto a local dirt trail. I only saw him quickly but did notice big tires. Then I looked for brakes on the rear.
I tend to look for cantis vs caliper brakes to check for CX bikes. That's when I noticed no rear brakes in the regular spot.
I didn't think to look for discs in the quick glimpse I had.
It was definetly a black Felt and might have had a large bottom bracket area as I often see on CF bikes.
I'll be looking out for it again.
Old 03-25-11, 11:58 PM
commo_soulja

Bikes: are fun to ride

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
If that's true, a CF disc Felt may be on my future bike list. It took a lot of self control for me not to buy a Focus disc cross bike at the local bike shop. The only thing that kept me from buying was the 130 rear disc hub and to a lesser degree that it was an aluminum frame. If this mythical beast does exist, here's hoping it's spec'd with the traditional 135 rear hub spacing. There aren't may 130 rear disc hubs out there. 135 is the norm.
Old 03-26-11, 09:36 PM
bjamis75

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Soulja,
Focus Mares Disc has a 135 rear disc hub (Shimano 505). Pretty sweet bike I just picked up on closeout.
Old 03-26-11, 10:01 PM
knobster

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Comp, Soma ES

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Most of the cross bikes I've looked at with discs has 132.5 spacing. Which works for both 135 and 130 hubs. My bike has 132.5 spacing and I'm using Mavic Speed City disc wheels which are 29er wheels spaced at 135. Only 130 disc wheels I've found are either Bontrager or Velocity.
Old 03-26-11, 11:10 PM
commo_soulja

Bikes: are fun to ride

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by bjamis75
Soulja,
Focus Mares Disc has a 135 rear disc hub (Shimano 505). Pretty sweet bike I just picked up on closeout.
Good to know. Glad I wasn't armed with that info when I saw the Mares disc at the shop or I'd have another bike I probably didn't need (for now at least). From a quick cursory glance at the hear hub it looked kind of narrow to me.

@knobster - I've also seen 130 Vuelta disc wheels pop on a fleabay.