Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Delta bike project. Mobile alabama

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-23, 04:55 PM
c0urt
moving target

Bikes: looks like a specialized crux now

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 69 Posts

Mobile, al. seems to have a shortage of bicycle co-ops.
I have currently messaged the only one I have found, The Delta bike project, about what all they need if
anything to just remain open a few days a week. I want to know if anyone on the site is either a member
,or has delt with them in the past. If that is the case, they may be able to provide useful information.
it looks like they have been active in atleast the past 5 weeks (1) Delta Bike Project | Facebook
Old 06-15-23, 02:12 PM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Honestly think there is a shortage of co-ops in a lot of places. There is, or has been one here in ATL and some time back was an excellent place to locate a decent riding bike. They took donations of both material and labor and often were willing to trade off doing some building and whatnot, or even clean up for trade on bike as payment. I haven't checked on their status since the 'rona, so I really don't know if they still exist.
Old 06-16-23, 04:19 PM
c0urt
moving target

Bikes: looks like a specialized crux now

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 69 Posts
I met lots of great people dealing with sopo coop in ATL.
Likes For c0urt:
Old 06-23-23, 10:32 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by c0urt
I met lots of great people dealing with sopo coop in ATL.
Yup, it had been long enough that I actually forgot the name of the place. It appears they are still around and doing well. At least by the look of pictures online I think they may have even moved or changed around their store for the better.
A friend of mine that worked downtown and often had to leave his bike unattended in stands and whatnot picked up a bike from them some years ago that was a darned decent machine all things considered. His size, found a rack for it, decent wheels and such. He then took blue and gold paint and put a REALLY poor paint job on it, made it look less appealing. He rode it for years, no major issues. When he left for California to follow work he returned the bike to them with a hefty thanks.

I may have to ride up there and check them out again just for kicks.

DIY bicycle shop | Donate bikes | Used bikes for sale | Atlanta Sopo Bicycle Cooperative (sopobikes.org)

Edit- They did move, and have also cut operating hours down to one day a week. Hmm.