Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Let's have another messenger bag discussion

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Let's have another messenger bag discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-08, 02:34 PM
freecycle
freed psycho. RUN.

Bikes: Ironhorse Maverick 2004, 1970's handbuilt Raleigh fixed conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ill in on this one, i have a beat up and faded green military surplus-style medic bag, out of some very heavyweight cloth (canvas?). its just a box-ish sac with a strap, but after having it for years for both on and off bike, its my favorite. its small, but i dont need to carry much, the odd binder, some tools, my notebooks and such. only twenty bucks!

i think the secret is the adjustable strap, i hitch it tight and high, right near the ribcage on the bike, and let it loose when im on foot. works like a charm, and fits pretty much whatever i need it to.
Old 04-17-08, 03:05 PM
Oh No
TARCK BIKE DOT COM

Bikes: your mother on wheeeeeelz

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the kid who rides the .5 mile ride to his house on a wal-mart bike just got a chrome metropolis.

that is my input on this thread
Old 04-17-08, 03:34 PM
tinydr

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
after 15 years my bag (medium courierware) looks a bit like ass... but a person does become accustomed to carrying it, so accustomed you feel a bit naked without it (I tried switching to backpack a few times but couldn't deal with it). The original advantage was the ability to take things in and out of it without having to take the pack off every time... and I like being able to swing it around in front when I'm in close quarters or want to have things close at hand.

it's rare I get any pain from carrying heavy loads, even when I'll be doing a lot of walking, but I think perhaps over time one becomes desensitized to it.

every once in awhile I think about getting a new bag, but I swore to myself when Timbuk2 bags became really popular "way back" when that I wouldn't go down that route... the Seagull bags are really nice looking though.

Old 04-17-08, 04:33 PM
smilin buddha

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nathbdp
**** style. **** messenger bags. **** being hip.

THAT is all,

you need.

I like this bag.
Old 04-17-08, 04:39 PM
likeaHorse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smilin buddha
I like this bag.
If you're really into an Alice pack check out the MAlice from TT. Comes in Multicam which is a plus.

https://www.tacticaltailor.com/index....PROD&ProdID=42

If money is no problem You should look at Kifaru, or Mystery Mountain, or Eberlestock.

Lot of options there.

Cheap Alice packs will hurt your back if you really try to use them what they're made for(humpin a ton of crap). I've got 2. Def worth a little extra coin to get some quality.