Search
Notices
Tandem Bikes and Gear Marketplace Premium or Red Star Membership required

WTB: Strange Brake

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-21, 02:41 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
WTB: Strange Brake

Someone's gotta have a pair of these kicking around. Just throwing this out there. Or an IRD Widget?
I know tandemists in the late '90s and early 2000s loved these. I remember seeing them at the Duluth tandem rally in like '01. Have wanted a pair (or even just one) since then.

I'd pay $100.

Old 12-24-21, 05:25 AM
scycheng

Bikes: Merlin Road, Rivendell Road, Arvon custom tandme, Hi-Light G-7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
I do have one set of Strange brake in my parts bin. It was used on our last tandem. Good condition from what I can recall.
Old 01-03-22, 12:31 AM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Originally Posted by scycheng
I do have one set of Strange brake in my parts bin. It was used on our last tandem. Good condition from what I can recall.
Amazing!
But you're in Canada. How much do you think it would cost to ship them to the USA? And would it be a huge pain for you? (showing up in person to the PO during COVID and all that, to sign some silly forms - or at least that's what we'd have to do in the USA to ship something to Canada)

I don't want to be an undue burden in these times.
Old 01-03-22, 09:58 AM
scycheng

Bikes: Merlin Road, Rivendell Road, Arvon custom tandme, Hi-Light G-7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
We might be going into pademic restrictions with the omicron wave picking up steam so it's tricky to tell. As long as you are not in a hurry, we can make something work.

Tracked parcel to MA via the post office with insurance is about US$20 (if I make a guess at the box size needed).

I had these brakes on our old tandem but when it was rebuilt for 26" tires (from 700C), these brakes no longer fit any more. Not enough clearance for 26x2" tires AND fender.
Old 01-03-22, 03:06 PM
scarlson 

Allrighty, I've PM'd you! Thanks for the quick reply and rough estimate.