Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Which Rocker Plate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-23, 05:57 PM
andydallas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Which Rocker Plate?

Obviously I meant ROCKER PLATE (sorry it won't let me correct title). I am not good with woodworking skills and my 'pain cave' is in my living room so to make it look decent I am going to buy a rocket plate, but need input,,,what rocker plates have peop[le used, how did they lake them etc,,,not a lot of choices and not a great deal of information available online comparing the different brands

Last edited by andydallas; 12-05-23 at 07:18 AM. Reason: wrong word in title
Likes For andydallas:
Old 12-05-23, 12:57 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 2,519 Posts
Fixed your title. I am not sure it's super critical which one you get, although I imagine the bottom end of the market features some pretty crummy rockers.
As far as how ugly my rocker is, it's in the back corner of my basement, so nobody ever looks at it.
Old 12-06-23, 07:58 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4236 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
I have this one https://www.turborocks.com/products/...-react-coolhex (or something similar, it didn't used to have "cool hex" in the name and was cheaper but the price could just be exchange rate changes). Gives good side to side and fore/aft motion, but is expensive, especially if you ship to the US. Shipping to the US for me was fast and it came well packaged. Posting about it reminds me that I need to take the trainer off and lube the central shaft (not that I have a problem with it but they say you're supposed to do it every 6 months and it's been 7 for me.

Old 12-06-23, 09:43 AM
KJ43
Dead but dreaming

Bikes: 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, 2022 Cannondale Synapse

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 186 Posts
You'll want to make sure the plate works with the footprint of whatever you will be using on it. You should also decide if you want only side to side motion or also include the fore aft movement.

I have a Stages SB20 and ordered a Spin Stealth from Turbo Rocks. It was not cheap, but customer service was impeccable and the order was built and shipped within days of payment and came with extra balls, pump etc. I would recommend them based on my experience.

Old 12-07-23, 11:28 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4414 Post(s)
Liked 4,867 Times in 3,012 Posts
These Turbo Rocks plates look great. I just had a look on their website and see that they have a version for my Kickr Bike and I’m in the UK so shipping should be easy.

I’m tempted for a Christmas present!
Old 12-07-23, 12:30 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4236 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
I'm definitely happy with the build quality of mine. And the price with shipping to the US was (when I bought it) about the same as a similar-featured rocker plate built in the US (so cheaper shipping). My big selling point for the Turbo Rocks was that it's longer than most other rocker plates and I ride a 64 cm bike and had been planning on getting the Elite Riser at some point (that was before the Zwift Play came out and brought steering without the need to turn the bars - not sure if the climbing feature alone is worth the cost of the Riser to me).