Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

New 3sixty bikes (Affordable Brompton Clone)

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

New 3sixty bikes (Affordable Brompton Clone)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-22, 03:31 PM
Jipe

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 247 Times in 211 Posts
I was interested by the full titanium 3sixty Brompton clone (it was before the announcement of the T-line) and contacted them to ask if they can ship to EU: answer was that they do not ship to any EU country.

I guess it will be the same for UK.
Old 07-28-22, 07:59 PM
Ron Damon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 567 Times in 356 Posts
FWIW & FYI, these 3Sixty rigs are easily available here in Indonesia for under $600 new. Which is less than one third of the local price for the least expensive Bxxxxxxn.

Last edited by Ron Damon; 07-30-22 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07-28-22, 08:25 PM
likeabike

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ah thanks @Jipe, that must be why they didn't answer my email!

Originally Posted by Ron Damon
FWIW & FYI, these 3Sixty rigs are easily available here in Indonesia for under $600 new. Which is less than one third the price of the local price for the least expensive Bxxxxxxn.
Thanks! Do you have any info on the prices and weights of the lightest 3Sixty bikes or other good quality Brompton clones available there? I have heard so many good things about Indonesia, perhaps I should just go to spend time there, and buy a bike! :-)

Also are there good shops there (hopefully in Bali?) which you could recommend? Maybe I could maybe contact them... Oh and, how is the second hand market there? Do you think maybe I can do well to buy a lightweight second hand bike, if people like to customise their bikes there? It would be great to find one maybe 7~8kg.....
Old 07-28-22, 08:53 PM
Ron Damon

Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 567 Times in 356 Posts
Originally Posted by likeabike
Ah thanks @Jipe, that must be why they didn't answer my email!

Thanks! Do you have any info on the prices and weights of the lightest 3Sixty bikes or other good quality Brompton clones available there? I have heard so many good things about Indonesia, perhaps I should just go to spend time there, and buy a bike! :-)

Also are there good shops there (hopefully in Bali?) which you could recommend? Maybe I could maybe contact them... Oh and, how is the second hand market there? Do you think maybe I can do well to buy a lightweight second hand bike, if people like to customise their bikes there? It would be great to find one maybe 7~8kg.....
You can go on the country's largest online shopping platform Tokopedia, and search away. Lots of options there, and that's where I do the bulk of my shopping.

The bulk of everything in the country is in the neighboring island of Java and in the capital city, Jakarta. The stuff that I buy on Tokopedia almost always comes from shops on Java. That's where the bulk of the population is, that's where the big money is, that's the heart of the country's commerce. That's where you want to shop.

For bicycle shopping Singapore and perhaps Thailand's Bangkok still has the edge. I'd go to Singapore first. Plus English is spoken by almost everyone there. Check out Singapore's online sales platform Carrousel. Indonesia's advantage is for the stuff made in the country. Tires and the mid- and low-range Shimano stuff made here, for example, is significantly cheaper than abroad.