Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Help on identifying some bikes

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-21, 10:41 AM
BicicletaFavor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Help on identifying some bikes

Hi all,

I have two bikes that I don’t know there brand, and value, can you try to help? I can only share photos after 10 posts…

Its possible that they are made to measure…

Thank you
Old 07-10-21, 11:10 AM
Clang

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked 2,283 Times in 1,324 Posts
To get around the anti-spam 10 posts requirement, in your profile there should be something called "Albums." Post pics there and someone here can share them for you.
Old 07-10-21, 12:21 PM
machinist42
mycocyclist

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 836 Times in 459 Posts
Picture Assistance?

These are all I found.

Uploading Drive Side pictures, and details of the frame(s), not components, will aid identification.

Here's the location of OP's Album. Perhaps they will post more there?
Old 07-10-21, 04:37 PM
BicicletaFavor

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
All the photos are on my album already, two bikes, One with a mecacycle frame the other I don’t even know….

thank you
Old 07-10-21, 05:40 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Quoted: 3825 Post(s)
Liked 3,374 Times in 2,201 Posts
-----

​​​​​​https://bikeforums.net/g/picture/21886738

-----
Old 07-10-21, 07:36 PM
MauriceMoss

Bikes: None in ridable condition

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 644 Times in 192 Posts
BicicletaFavor - the 3 pics that machinist42 and juvela posted so far are the only three images I'm seeing in your 2 albums.

One of the album cover images (the one on the right) is a thumbnail of a bike with somewhat unconventional design, but the full size picture doesn't seem to be in either album:

Anyways, the close up of the fork crown shows a panto of a Spanish marque called Massi.

The panto is the outline of the full logo:

Hard to tell, without more pics of the entire frame, whether the frame is a Massi as well. If that fork is attached to the frame in the album thumbnail on the right, then I'd say the frame is something else. I've never seen a Massi with such unusual geometry/construction.

Mecacyle was a company that produced something like 500-600 frames a month and most of those were wearing decals of shops all over France (and other countries). Their Turbo model (one with a split seat tube) was the most popular and, consequently, most commonly found nowadays. The carbon ones are a pretty rare sight. There was a post about one on a French bicycle forum and it looks like it was constructed of chromed Vitus 980 and carbon tubes:

As for the other bikes in the picture, the De Rosa looks a little suspect and the middle one looks like a 1950s or posibly 1940s Alcyon. That head badge, along with the box lining and the fillet brazed construction would all be consistent with Alcyon.

Likes For MauriceMoss:
Old 07-10-21, 07:56 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3100 Post(s)
Liked 6,641 Times in 3,804 Posts
Originally Posted by BicicletaFavor
I have two bikes that I don’t know there brand, and value...
Thread moved to Appraisals forum.

Old 07-10-21, 08:52 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Quoted: 3825 Post(s)
Liked 3,374 Times in 2,201 Posts
-----

thank you so much for this wonderful post Maurice!

had been puzzling over the light blue lugless machine wedged there in the middle

noticed the single plateau drive train and the steel sidepull brakes and that was about it

-----
Old 07-11-21, 11:00 AM
BicicletaFavor

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thank you Maurice! Spot on!! You know your bikes! Thank you! And with a super small image that was impressive!

For how much should I sell the Mecacycle? Any idea?

I don’t know why but it’s hard to solve the image problem maybe because I’m publishing from my phone and I have a bad connection, I will wait 5 more posts and I can share the photos here!

but basically I have a fantastic collection that I’m studying them to sell for the right price. Includes colnagos, bianchis, pinarello, vitus, gios, cinelli, bottecchia, etc with your help it’s going to be easy 🙌🏼