Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

FS: 1951 Rudge Aero Clubman

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-24, 03:52 PM
PhilFo 
Tinker-er

Bikes: 1956 Rudge Sports; 1983 Univega Alpina Uno; 1981 Miyata 610; 1973 Raleigh Twenty; 1994 Breezer Lightning XTR; V4 Yuba Mundo aka "The Schlepper"; 1987 Raleigh "The Edge" Mountain Trials; 1952 R.O. Harrison "Madison"

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 267 Times in 183 Posts

UPDATE: CHANGE OF PLANS. Whole bike is no longer for sale. Frameset will be up for sale in coming weeks.

For sale is my recently overhauled and rebuilt 1951 Rudge Aero Clubman. Asking $500 plus shipping. Local pickup in or near Philadelphia or NYC is definitely available and encouraged.

This was one of those near-grail bikes for me, but I'm just too tall to ride it in a drop bar configuration and I don't want to turn it into an upright. I already have a wonderful upright Rudge Sports that rides like a dream. The mild stenosis in my C5 - C7 doesn't help with the drop bar position on a frame too small for me either.

You can see many images of the bike here: Rudge Aero Clubman
If that link is giving difficulty, you may have to either add or remove an 's' at the end of http in your browser. This has been an issue in forum threads.

I can provide a detailed build sheet of every component, but I'll give the crib notes version here.

1951 Rudge Aero Clubman frame. 22"
Original Rudge fork.
Raleigh Headset.
Nicklin fluted crankset with 46 tooth chainring.
Unknown original (?) bottom bracket with spindle that is hollow and gorgeous.
Barelli Pedals with GB stainless toeclips.
Currently set up as a fixed gear with 19 tooth 1/8" cog. 2 speed Maeda freewheel will be removed before sale.
Titan polished chrome road stem. Original spearpoint stem will be included with sale, but not installed on the bike.
GB Road drop bar. ~38cm width. Currently taped with padded Newbaums cotton.
GB Super Hood levers (brand new Universal hoods will be included, but not installed currently.)
GB Courer calipers.
Normandy High Flange track hubs, Front & Rear fixed/free.
Sun M13II 700c polished rims.
American Classic seatpost (I just couldn't being myself to put a big clamp on top of a straight post with this build.)

Use your own saddle, I'm keeping the B17.
Carradice bag is not included.
I will also include the original white rubber block pedals, and the 27" wheels which I got with the frame: Normandy front hub with wingnuts; Sturmey Archer AW steel, 1951.

I really wanted this one to work out as I've been drooling over a Rudge Aero Clubman since 2014, but it's just not quite right for my height and physical limitation.
Thanks all!

UPDATE: No longer for sale.
Phil

Last edited by PhilFo; 02-08-24 at 04:24 PM.
Likes For PhilFo:
Old 02-02-24, 06:16 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2324 Post(s)
Liked 4,992 Times in 1,777 Posts
A lot to like there, GLWS!

I poked around some of your other pics being a photographer too. Nice work!
Old 02-08-24, 04:26 PM
PhilFo 
Tinker-er

Bikes: 1956 Rudge Sports; 1983 Univega Alpina Uno; 1981 Miyata 610; 1973 Raleigh Twenty; 1994 Breezer Lightning XTR; V4 Yuba Mundo aka "The Schlepper"; 1987 Raleigh "The Edge" Mountain Trials; 1952 R.O. Harrison "Madison"

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 267 Times in 183 Posts
There's been a change of plans with this bike's components. The whole bike is no longer for sale. The frameset, with original stem and possibly original wheels, will be up for sale in coming weeks.
Thanks all!
Phil