Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

How to remove a seat post from Elby e-bike?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-22, 05:54 PM
cec 327

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Does anyone know how to remove a seat post from an s2 9speed Elby E-bike? The seat post will not pull out. It seems like there is something stopping it from coming out. I want to replace the current seat post with a suspension seat post. Elby has not responded to several of my e- mails. Any suggestions?
Old 10-23-22, 11:09 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Was the seatpost ever properly installed by anyone using some sort of grease, anti-seize or carbon paste as needed? That is of course assuming it is a standard post and doesn't have a battery or some odd integration into it? It looks like from their website assuming it is the right bike that it is a quick release but you have already loosened that before asking the question I hope?

I would figure Elby wouldn't respond to emails, many of those online sellers don't care about you once you have purchased their product. They hope you will give them your money and that is the end of it all if you love it great, if you don't not a problem, the money is still with them. It is sad but quite common. Some do respond though and it can be frustrating and hilarious at times, the support they are giving you if you can call it that.

Good luck though and you might consider going down to your local shop and having them take a look. Without seeing photos of your issue or videos it can be tough to tell. All you need at this point is four more posts ideally of substance in active threads and you can post photos of your exact bike.
Old 10-24-22, 08:26 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 622 Posts
As above, the S2 seems to have a "normal-size" SP and quick release, so should be easy to remove. If it's a relatively new model, I wouldn't imagine there's corrosion to "weld" it to the frame. As above, take it to a shop and ask if they perceive a problem. Cautionary tale about their CS; they should be able to do better with a $3K rear hub motor bike.
Old 10-31-22, 05:33 AM
cec 327

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cec 327
Does anyone know how to remove a seat post from an s2 9speed Elby E-bike? The seat post will not pull out. It seems like there is something stopping it from coming out. I want to replace the current seat post with a suspension seat post. Elby has not responded to several of my e- mails. Any suggestions?
There are two screws on the bottom of the seat post to keep it from being stolen. Remove the screws ant the post lifts out. Very simple procedure-- as I found out.
Likes For cec 327: