Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Did a retul fit - need frame ideas

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-15, 04:20 PM
Zedmor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all

I did a retul fit recently and it looks like that my supersix 56cm seems too big (i constantly find myself on tip of saddle even with 0 offset post and 8mm stem)

could anybody look into report and help me with a frame / size selection? Looks like that my torso is shorter than average and legs longer... I need bike for racing, mainly crits, so really short stem will hurt responsiveness

thank you all!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Akim Akimov.pdf (135.6 KB, 57 views)
Old 12-01-15, 08:26 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Liked 182 Times in 104 Posts
Any Guru fitters near you? Guru has gathered a database of frame measurements etc and apparently if you plug in the numbers (or get fitted) the fitter can get you a list of frames/etc that work for your fit.

I only learned this last week when I got fitted for the first time in many years, and the guy is a Guru person (and friend and friendly race rival for many years). It was an interesting experience. He explained that the Guru system will use the fit parameters and pick out frames (and other parts?) that will work with the fit. He charges something like $25 for something like that, where he sets the fit gizmo to a particular frame size. It's meant for someone buying a frameset remotely, they can go and see if the bike/frame will fit prior to buying it. I imagine there must be something similar, but you'd want to talk to some Guru fitter to see if this is accurate. If it is, and it's similar in cost, it would be a cheap way to narrow down the field quickly.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson
Old 12-02-15, 06:09 AM
tangerineowl

Bikes: Curve Grovel v2 ti

Liked 91 Times in 75 Posts
I'm not aware of any racing frame with those kind of numbers.
'Endurance'; only one bike I can think of; Jamis Quest: reach 370 / stack 604.

My bet is on a custom frame build.