Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Cycle Cam Movies

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Cycle Cam Movies

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-08, 08:15 AM
ozzy92

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cycle Cam Movies

In another post, someone had posted a link to magnatom's youtube movies. From his subscriptions, I've found a couple more:
andyb0000, mailpauljonescouk.

I find these videos are fascinating for some reason. But these guys are all in the UK. The only one I found in the USA is wwbikeped and he only has a handful of videos.

Does anyone have any links to more USA commuters posting videos? I like watching the UK guys, but if I keep watching them, I'm going to end up riding on the wrong side of the road
Old 08-13-08, 09:14 AM
jrafael

Bikes: Ridgeback 7000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.vimeo.com/1015777

https://www.vimeo.com/998618
Old 08-13-08, 09:25 AM
ozzy92

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not a big fan of these guys, I don't approve. Ditto for CM. They seem to only be interested in irritating drivers

The reason I like the videos I posted:
1) There are a some that simply show interesting sections of the commute, different conditions, nothing bad happens (good!)
2) There are a lot that show some good and bad road positions, as well as pointers about how to not get squished, and a few examples of mistakes made by the bicyclist, excellent safety advice overall.
3) The bad driving and near misses tend to be the most often posted, and I admit it, they are interesting
Old 08-13-08, 12:15 PM
jrafael

Bikes: Ridgeback 7000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ozzy92
I'm not a big fan of these guys, I don't approve. Ditto for CM. They seem to only be interested in irritating drivers

The reason I like the videos I posted:
1) There are a some that simply show interesting sections of the commute, different conditions, nothing bad happens (good!)
2) There are a lot that show some good and bad road positions, as well as pointers about how to not get squished, and a few examples of mistakes made by the bicyclist, excellent safety advice overall.
3) The bad driving and near misses tend to be the most often posted, and I admit it, they are interesting
+1 Agree

anyhow it's interesting to watch these "daredevils" thru highway traffic. I'm following some ebay auctions for a cheap aiptek digital camcorder to start making videos of my commute.
Old 08-13-08, 01:39 PM
SoCal Commute
Uninformed Informer

Bikes: Specialized Rockhopper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
These guys are taking the wrong road when trying to advocate cycling. Freeways are for cars. It makes sense to restrict high speed roads from cyclists. You can also tell from their name "Crimanimals" that they have a blatant disrespect and disregard for the law. 30 cyclists on a freeway is a recipe for disaster even if it is rush hour.

CM on the other hand I have no problem with. When you have groups of over 400 riding together you are going to get some bad apples that are there only to try and start a fight. Sure CM is a bit of an inconvenience to motorists but until drivers understand that cyclists are in the streets the CM groups will help to open their eyes to the sheer volume of people on bikes. Here in SD we had over 1500 people on the last ride according to the website(I personally wasn't present)

People also need to realise that cyclists are increasing in number at an alarming rate due to gas prices and that all of these cyclists are inexperienced so we all need to keep an eye out for people getting back into the game.

I expect I'll get flamed for my opinion but I'm used to it by now