Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Bianchi AllRoad Alloy TC18?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-24, 11:26 AM
Cuzzupe36

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, new to the forum and not sure I posted this in the right space.

I just recently purchased a Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Grx400 and I’m very excited.

I noticed in the technical specifications that the frame was listed as “ VIA NIRONE 7 ALL ROAD alloy, TC18,”

At other sections of the specs when describing the Aluminum it is listed as Aluminum Alloy 6061 such as the seat seatpost, handlebars, stem etc.

My question is why did they list TC18 as an alloy for the Bike frame? I can’t imagine the entire frame is titanium but was hoping to learn what part might be or any explanation for the use of the term TC18.

Thanks.
Old 05-06-24, 11:53 AM
shelbyfv
Banned

Liked 6,513 Times in 3,291 Posts
Maybe TC18 is a paint code? I didn't see it mentioned on the Bianchi website but I expect they have different sites depending on location. Anyway, I think you can be sure it's nothing to do with Titanium. Looks like a nice bike!
Old 05-06-24, 12:13 PM
Cuzzupe36

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hmm. Here’s what I found for its paint job:

CELESTE CK16/BLU PAVONE LUCIDO
Old 05-06-24, 01:58 PM
13ollocks

Bikes: '00 LS Vortex/Chorus 12/Campag Zondas, '98 LS Classic/Chorus 10/Rolf Vector Pros

Liked 365 Times in 208 Posts
Yes there is a titanium alloy TC18 used for 3D printing, but every source I saw says your bike is hydroformed aluminum - unless some of the small fittings are 3D-printed Ti, but I doubt it.