Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

1972 Schwinn Chicago Ladies Super Sport - Original Accessories Work - Kool Lemon

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

1972 Schwinn Chicago Ladies Super Sport - Original Accessories Work - Kool Lemon

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-23, 11:11 AM
Danna_Wooj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Located: NW Ohio
Asking: $550, will consider offers though.Can quote depending on your location.

Built at the original Chicago, USA plant, September 1972. ALL foundational features are stamped with Schwinn (see photos).
Serial Number: JH190693

Fun Fact: In 1965, Schwinn began using lettering system for serials. Month: A=Jan., B=Feb., ... J=SeptemberA='65, B='66... H='72 ('I' and 'O' skipped)
Features:
- 27" wheel, 19" frame
- original paint (Kool Lemon) and decals
- 10-speed derailleur gears, 5 cog
- Twin-Stik gearshifts
- quickrelease
- rattrap pedals (no straps)
- Type LC 2.7 center pull handbrakes, hooded caliper levers and 'sissy levers' (the actual brake assembly pieces are in good condition and are still easily adjustable... it hasn't been ridden this summer yet, so the brakes may need adjusted. The cables are old - you might want to change them - so they do loosen up more often than they should. I adjust them maybe once every 3 months.)
- WORKING original headlight/brakelight with rear generator

I ONLY updated when I absolutely had to, for safety purposes. Only things that are NOT original are as follows:
- handlebar wraps (2009)
- tires (2009... I think they are about due)
- seat, but DO HAVE the original still (2022... original racing style seat was swapped for a wider cruiser style [as shown in the photo] when I began riding with a child on the back - you can have both)
- rear generator cable (2018)
- brake pads (2022)
- headlight bulb (2018... can still purchase Schwinn bulbs on eBay - they cost about $7)

Her Story (as far as I know it): Honestly, this is a beautiful bike. I purchased it in 2008 from a local bike shop in ABSOLUTE MINT condition with ZERO rust. It's shameful that I didn't take perfect care of it, but I was 20, a kid, and didn't know what I had. Has moved all over the country with me and has been ridden ALOT. Cleaned and greased often.

I did have a Schwinn child seat on the back which is still available and practically brand new (only used 1 season). Feel free to request photos of the seat alone and the seat on the bike!