Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

‘I’ll probably never buy a carbon bike again’ ...

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

‘I’ll probably never buy a carbon bike again’ ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-24, 02:07 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2241 Post(s)
Liked 3,443 Times in 1,802 Posts
If it wasn't for carbon, all of my bikes would ride like they were made of iron pipes.
Old 03-11-24, 02:09 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 739 Times in 523 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...so we're only on page four, and at least two people have called me a liar. ... I'm out ...
<raspy voice>no you're not.You unnerstood da rules. The only way out of da Family is feet first. Capiche paisan?
Old 03-11-24, 02:35 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4414 Post(s)
Liked 4,867 Times in 3,012 Posts
So what exactly is the USP of this $7k aluminium framed bike? What makes it superior to any other much cheaper mainstream aluminium bike? Or what makes it superior to a $7k CF bike? It’s probably heavier and less aero than the latter option from the mainstream brands.

Touting it against $20k flagship CF superbikes that are miles down the path of diminishing returns is just silly when most amateurs are not even riding those bikes anyway. Most CF bikes you see in the wild cost well under half that price and many are under $7k.
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 03-11-24, 02:43 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11971 Post(s)
Liked 6,655 Times in 3,486 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
Carbon fiber absolutely has a place...as fishing pole material.
They make good bats, too. Makes a sound closer to wood when you manage to hit the ball, instead of that amateur-sounding "ding" you get with aluminum bats.
Likes For BillyD:
Old 03-11-24, 02:47 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18420 Post(s)
Liked 15,564 Times in 7,333 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...so what do you think it means ? If a CF frame will "drastically increase your enjoyment of the sport from a riding perspective" , how exactly am I supposed to enjoy riding a bicycle from a riding perspective on anything else ? Do me a solid here and explain that to me. My take was that I am "drastically missing something". I could be wrong. How exactly ? What am I missing other than identical wording ?
It opines that the enjoyment one already has will be drastically increased. The obvious statement is that one is already enjoying riding something else, because you cannot increase enjoyment if no enjoyment exists. 5x0=0.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 03-11-24, 02:55 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11971 Post(s)
Liked 6,655 Times in 3,486 Posts
I'm going to close this thread rather than leave it open for all the jackals to continue scavenging. God forbid somebody should malign the almighty crabon. lol
Likes For BillyD: