Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Lightspeed Classic in Minneapolis

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-21, 09:54 AM
jwats

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Lightspeed Classic in Minneapolis

Equipped with Dura Ace and Ksyrrium wheels, Chris King headset. Owner claims limited use, but might need tires and adjustment. Asking price is $1000, owner does not know size but he is 5'7"

What is fair market value?

Thank you,

John
Old 09-23-21, 06:48 AM
Elvis_Presley

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts
I saw that one. seems like the going rate for a Litespeed is 900-1000 bucks. Check eBay sold listings for those wheels. I'm not sure if they had to cold see those rear dropouts to accommodate the newer wheels, and if that's ok with titanium. ALso, I'm not sure if the upgrades take away from its value since it isn't stock.
Old 09-23-21, 08:04 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by Elvis_Presley
I saw that one. seems like the going rate for a Litespeed is 900-1000 bucks. Check eBay sold listings for those wheels. I'm not sure if they had to cold see those rear dropouts to accommodate the newer wheels, and if that's ok with titanium. ALso, I'm not sure if the upgrades take away from its value since it isn't stock.

??

These were more often sold as a frameset than complete, so "stock " is a non issue as these bikes were more often built with whatever the owner desired.

Its a threadless steerer (most likely 1 1/8) with cable adjusters on the headtube , and a painted frameset, putting its vintage in the early 2000's - - it would not have needed to have been cold set as it should be 130mm at the rear dropouts from the factory

Agree on the $900 - $1000 though / But if its a bit higher (1250ish) the buyer wouldnt be getting stung at all.

Size looks like a 53c

Last edited by DMC707; 09-23-21 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-26-21, 04:15 PM
hose
Miyata Mike

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 46 Posts
Its a nice bike for sure but keep looking and you can definitely score something newer if your willing to spend between 1-1.5k -