Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

The Newest and Most Improved Hot or Not

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

The Newest and Most Improved Hot or Not

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-24, 06:28 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5043 Post(s)
Liked 8,285 Times in 3,914 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrasero
For Filipinos beauty pageants are like a professional sport, thus I have watched my fair share of pageants plus a few of my former girlfriends did pageants and again while the swimwear is entertaining for most men, most people who know pageants say it has very little substance to an actual winner because again at the highest level like Ms Universe every single women is at the 1% of beauty, thus it would be like going to a Dentist group ride and trying to decipher which Cervelo or S-Works was Hotter.
Which one has less headset spacers?
Old 01-11-24, 06:30 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

all the time

Just because it's a rule doesn't make it not stupid. For years pitchers had to hit in the NL, but as a society we have progressed. I am making the argument that they antiquated bike hotness rules or akin to the stupid rules of baseball
It seems that you want this thread to be something it's not, and was never intended to be.

I like it when pitchers had to hit. Be a ballplayer. Play both sides of the ball.
Old 01-11-24, 11:26 PM
Sapper69
Brisvegas roadie

Bikes: 2013 Trek Domane 6.9 (SRAM Red-22), 2010 Colnago CLX 2.0 (SRAM Red 10-speed mix), 2013 Pinarello FP Uno (Campagnolo Athena 11-speed), 2009 Fuji Roubaix Pro (Shimano 105 10-speed), 2009 Colnago EPS (dream build, under construction!)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
All this talk of beauty pageants in here reminds me of Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality. #worldpeace
Old 01-12-24, 06:10 AM
Turnin_Wrenches

Bikes: Basso Diamante SV (2021), Trek Speed Concept SLR7 (2023), Time Alpe D'Huez (2023), Trek Madone SLR7 (2024)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 51 Posts
all the time

Just because it's a rule doesn't make it not stupid. For years pitchers had to hit in the NL, but as a society we have progressed. I am making the argument that they antiquated bike hotness rules or akin to the stupid rules of baseball
You are definitely entitled to your opinion, but you are not in charge of the rules (nor am I) . I've never understood why anyone would willingly participate in anything while simultaneously whining and complaining about the very thing in which they have chosen to participate . If you don't like the rules of the thread, there are other threads with more flexible rules. You could even start your own thread with rules of your choosing, or with no rules at all. There are so many wonderful options , just choose one that makes you happy... problem solved!
Old 01-12-24, 07:56 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3257 Post(s)
Liked 2,567 Times in 1,529 Posts
It's hard to give a bike a hot when it has a bent spoke on the front wheel due to staging.
Old 01-12-24, 08:10 AM
nycphotography
NYC

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1169 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Turnin_Wrenches
just choose one that makes you happy... problem solved!
Complaining about the one they have chosen IS what makes them happy. I realize this perversity is unfathomable to many, but it is what it is.

I have learned the only response to such self loathing projecting out into my life is "medium chill".
Likes For nycphotography:
Old 01-12-24, 08:29 AM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Turnin_Wrenches
You are definitely entitled to your opinion, but you are not in charge of the rules (nor am I) . I've never understood why anyone would willingly participate in anything while simultaneously whining and complaining about the very thing in which they have chosen to participate . If you don't like the rules of the thread, there are other threads with more flexible rules. You could even start your own thread with rules of your choosing, or with no rules at all. There are so many wonderful options , just choose one that makes you happy... problem solved!
Again just because something is a rule or the way it "always" has been doesn't make it right. We could get into a more philosophical debate about this that extends to abortion, gambling, or whatever but my point is that everything evolves and progresses. Also my biggest objection is there is a huge discrepancy between composition (rules) and actual beauty or "hotness". Watching GCN cycle through their Super Nice vs Nice review of bikes again is comical because people are being applauded for trivial stuff that again, one gate keeps the sport and two probably influences people to get out of the sport prematurely. If a full stack turns you off and that's the progranda you are spewing than you are contributing to a lot of people not being comfortable on their bikes or simply destroying their bikes to be part of the slammed gang. If all of these rules are to mimic the "pros" yet I could argue no one on here is a Pro or even close, it is the same problem we have in media with setting insane unattainable beauty standard. Listen if we can go to heroin chic in the 90's to the standard of beauty to now the extreme of "health at every size" or even the more moderate "full figured" models being beautiful than the idea of a full stack for amateurs or these composition rules should be evolving too even if it's for just good fun again because this all comes down to a form of gatekeeping and why cycling has evolved to become the new golf

Last edited by Jrasero; 01-12-24 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-12-24, 08:36 AM
Jrasero

Originally Posted by bampilot06
Thats easy. It’s the Madone.
The one with the butthole and Nascar decals? nah lol
Old 01-12-24, 08:37 AM
Jrasero

Originally Posted by seypat
It's hard to give a bike a hot when it has a bent spoke on the front wheel due to staging.
which submission has bent spokes?
Old 01-12-24, 08:44 AM
Jrasero

Originally Posted by Eric F
It seems that you want this thread to be something it's not, and was never intended to be.

I like it when pitchers had to hit. Be a ballplayer. Play both sides of the ball.
Yeah and it was terrible. As someone who also played baseball growing up it's fine at the amature level when everyone should be well rounded, but when you are at the 1% of your sport/profession what's the point of having a player that a team invested potentially millions upon millions of dollars in be statically speaking an automatic out and two risk them getting severely hurt. It just makes for a boring game that people already have been increasing walking away from because of the lack of scoring and because frankly a lot of the BS rules of baseball just create a complicated boring game to watch and the declining viewership and attendance is really points this out. So yeah there always will be traditionalists like you but for most people these rules whether it be baseball or cycling prevent people from investing their time and money

Last edited by Jrasero; 01-12-24 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-12-24, 08:45 AM
LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 247 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11447 Post(s)
Liked 4,827 Times in 2,802 Posts
Again just because something is a rule
Again, go post it in the C&V forum if rules mean so little. Maybe the bent forum. Pick any other forum or thread than this one, and if "rules" apply in that instance.
Old 01-12-24, 08:46 AM
Jrasero

Originally Posted by LAJ
Again, go post it in the C&V forum if rules mean so little. Maybe the bent forum. Pick any other forum or thread than this one, and if "rules" apply in that instance.
I don't think this is a forum problem but really a cycling culture problem that is only being propelled by forums like this
Old 01-12-24, 08:59 AM
LAJ
So it is

I don't think this is a forum problem but really a cycling culture problem that is only being propelled by forums like this
You stepped in knowing full well what was going to be said. Go cry in your milk elsewhere if this thread is so culture-less. The butthurt either feigned or real, is a sad thing to see.
Likes For LAJ:
Old 01-12-24, 09:02 AM
Jrasero

Originally Posted by LAJ
You stepped in knowing full well what was going to be said. Go cry in your milk elsewhere if this thread is so culture-less. The butthurt either feigned or real, is a sad thing to see.
oh please lol the only milk I give out is to your mother.
Old 01-12-24, 09:04 AM
LAJ
So it is

oh please lol the only milk I give out is to your mother.
My mother passed away a few years ago, so I know that statement is patently false.

You really don't get it, do you?
Likes For LAJ:
Old 01-12-24, 09:08 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3257 Post(s)
Liked 2,567 Times in 1,529 Posts
which submission has bent spokes?
Neither actually has a bent spoke, but because of the lack of attention to details, they both look like it. The "bent spoke" is actually the powercord from the electrical cord on the appliance in front of the bikes. On a serious note, what size are those frames and how tall is the rider? They look to be in the size range I'd ride.

Last edited by seypat; 01-12-24 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-12-24, 10:39 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Again just because something is a rule or the way it "always" has been doesn't make it right. We could get into a more philosophical debate about this that extends to abortion, gambling, or whatever but my point is that everything evolves and progresses. Also my biggest objection is there is a huge discrepancy between composition (rules) and actual beauty or "hotness". Watching GCN cycle through their Super Nice vs Nice review of bikes again is comical because people are being applauded for trivial stuff that again, one gate keeps the sport and two probably influences people to get out of the sport prematurely. If a full stack turns you off and that's the progranda you are spewing than you are contributing to a lot of people not being comfortable on their bikes or simply destroying their bikes to be part of the slammed gang. If all of these rules are to mimic the "pros" yet I could argue no one on here is a Pro or even close, it is the same problem we have in media with setting insane unattainable beauty standard. Listen if we can go to heroin chic in the 90's to the standard of beauty to now the extreme of "health at every size" or even the more moderate "full figured" models being beautiful than the idea of a full stack for amateurs or these composition rules should be evolving too even if it's for just good fun again because this all comes down to a form of gatekeeping and why cycling has evolved to become the new golf
You're taking this thread far too seriously.

How am I destroying my bikes by having a slammed stem? I've been riding them that way a long time, and it's not uncomfortable for me at all. I still enjoy the benefits of a low, aerodynamic position, same as I did when I was racing 20+ years ago.
Old 01-12-24, 10:46 AM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked 2,845 Times in 543 Posts
Originally Posted by botty kayer
Done some updates on a couple of my old steelies that I'll post now while they looking all clean and fresh, which in January in the UK is a look that won't last long.

Domo Farm Frites Eddy Merckx MX Leader

Tig welded Columbus Max Somec painted by Mario Martini

Rowdy as all hell details from early 90s

Wild paint from any angle
Yawn can we move in now please. Beauty.pagaent and golf chat belongs elsewhere.

Spacer stacks will never look cool, deal with that fact or take up yoga and slam that stem, simples.

In the last pages 3 pages of tangental bickering youve all.completely failed to even give the 2 bikes I posted at the end of page 79 a hot or not, or any comment at all, so I've quoted them here again as a palette cleanser and hope we.can get this thread moving in the right direction again. Post more bikes please.
Likes For botty kayer:
Old 01-12-24, 10:55 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10254 Post(s)
Liked 5,217 Times in 2,237 Posts

Spacer stacks will never look cool, deal with that fact or take up yoga and slam that stem, simples.

In the last pages 3 pages of tangental bickering youve all.completely failed to even give the 2 bikes I posted at the end of page 79 a hot or not, or any comment at all, so I've quoted them here again as a palette cleanser and hope we.can get this thread moving in the right direction again. Post more bikes please.

What Campy wheels are those?
Likes For bampilot06:
Old 01-12-24, 10:58 AM
bampilot06

never mind
Old 01-12-24, 10:59 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Merckx - Old school hot, for sure. Really nicely put together machine.

Somec - Some people might dig it, but the colors don't do it for me. No doubt it's a really nice ride, though.

Aligning the crank arm with the downtube is a step out of the usual staging code, but it isn't blocking the view of anything else, so it kind works.
Old 01-12-24, 10:59 AM
botty kayer

On the Somec they are clincher Shamals, it says in big pink letters.on the rims

On the Eddy they are not off the shelfs, but custom builds, Chorus hubs and Ambrosio Focus rims, again clinchers.
Old 01-12-24, 11:02 AM
bampilot06

On the Somec they are clincher Shamals, it says in big pink letters.on the rims

On the Eddy they are not off the shelfs, but custom builds, Chorus hubs and Ambrosio Focus rims, again clinchers.

Yea I saw that after I asked. They look good on that bike. Might have to get a pair for my Ritchey.
Old 01-12-24, 11:03 AM
botty kayer

Originally Posted by Eric F
Merckx - Old school hot, for sure. Really nicely put together machine.

Somec - Some people might dig it, but the colors don't do it for me. No doubt it's a really nice ride, though.

Aligning the crank arm with the downtube is a step out of the usual staging code, but it isn't blocking the view of anything else, so it kind works.
yes i prefer the cranks posted like that, to.me it gives more of a forward motion look to the bike.
Old 01-12-24, 11:04 AM
bampilot06

The yellow saddle, tape and pedals kind of ruin it for me. The paint job is sweet though.

The eddy is hot.
Likes For bampilot06:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.