Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

WTB Moto Raptor 2.4 equivelent?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-11, 04:53 PM
somegeek
Harumph

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've got a 26" WTB 2.4 Moto Raptor on the front end of my enduro which I'm very used to and confident in. I've tried swapping to a Panaracer Fire XC and it felt a bit squirrely - didn't like it so much. I mainly ride XC but like to open up on the DH and my 2.4 raptor is getting a bit down there tread-wise so I'm wondering if folks can recommend a suitable 2.2-2.4 replacement?

Thanks in advance.

somegeek
Old 03-31-11, 01:18 AM
dminor 
Moar cowbell

Bikes: Bike list is not a resume. Nobody cares.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I would check out the 2.35 Kenda Nevegal. Don't let the listed size fool you; I know Motoraptors ran big casing but the 2.35 Nev is a big-casing tire too and would make an excellent replacement to your Motos. Since you mainly ride XC, go with the single-ply folder but just know that you may occasionally feel the sidewall flex if you're really pushing it hard in a turn. If you'rein the mood for super-grip, run the 2.5 front and the 2.35 rear. 2.5 front absolutely rocks.
Old 03-31-11, 10:30 AM
somegeek
Harumph

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dminor
I would check out the 2.35 Kenda Nevegal. Don't let the listed size fool you; I know Motoraptors ran big casing but the 2.35 Nev is a big-casing tire too and would make an excellent replacement to your Motos. Since you mainly ride XC, go with the single-ply folder but just know that you may occasionally feel the sidewall flex if you're really pushing it hard in a turn. If you'rein the mood for super-grip, run the 2.5 front and the 2.35 rear. 2.5 front absolutely rocks.
The 2.35 Kenda Nevegal looks great! Will look to get one for my front.

somegeek
Old 04-05-11, 10:53 PM
somegeek
Harumph

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by somegeek
The 2.35 Kenda Nevegal looks great! Will look to get one for my front.

somegeek
Picked up the 2.35 folding DTC tire today and mounted it. Looks like it will fit the bill nicely. Thanks again for the suggestion. Looking forward to putting some time on this.

somegeek
Old 04-05-11, 11:01 PM
victim

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you find the Nevegal "squirrely" stick it on the back and get the same tire but a stick e compound for the front. I ran that set up awhile back and loved it. I got away from it only cause I like looking for the worlds best tire lol.