Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Need Rhoughts on Fiido Titan

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-24, 07:39 PM
H0GWILD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Let me know how this looks for an old man
Old 04-14-24, 08:18 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1120 Post(s)
Liked 853 Times in 597 Posts
Seems like a solid choice for some fat tire fun!

Old 04-14-24, 09:25 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4392 Post(s)
Liked 4,029 Times in 2,690 Posts
It is a low initial cost e-moped with a lot of no-name parts. The wheels are boat anchors and not able to be trued, the brakes are from some unknown company (but at least look to be hydraulic which is generally better though without knowing who makes the brakes it could be irrelevant).

Fat bikes are fun but do best when they are a bit lighter and on snow and sand. If you are going to be riding on snow and sand more often I would say a fat bike could be practical. For going around the city or normal trails or paved trails probably not the bike and will be heavy. We had quite a few fat tire e-mopeds similar to this (under different names) and trying to lift one was never easy.

I would recommend telling us what you are looking for in a bike or what you need and where you might be riding and things like that so someone can give more useful feedback on what bike to get. If you are just shopping based on initial cost then pick 6 internet bikes (or e-mopeds) assign them a number between 1-6 and then roll the dice chances are they will be pretty similar. Pretty much any e-bike or e-moped will be fun on a first ride or on the first few rides long term is where the cracks show.
Old 04-15-24, 08:14 AM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 193 Posts
If you were a former biking enthusiast, I think you wouldn't care for this bike, People who haven't ridden for years, on the other hand, don't have biking expectations, and will find fat tire bikes a lot of fun, Their tradeoffs are that they are heavy, very hard to pedal if the battery is flat, and the knobby tires are loud on pavement.

Fiido has been importing ebikes for as long as any other importerin this new business. For the price, I think it's fine. If you're able to do your own maintenance, and I encourage that, the bike parts are inexpensive, easily sourced and replaceable, It is not that hard to keep wheels reasonably true. If you want street tires, they can be installed. Put on a radio, play your tunes, and they're fun for pavement cruising.

Also an old guy, and I've had a fat tire ebike since 2016, but have migrated away from it. I've only used it a few times a year now, If it were my only ebike, of course I'd ride it more often, but have found I prefer riding light weight ebikes. .
Old 04-18-24, 08:17 PM
H0GWILD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Still ride the 73 world voyageur and keep it well maintained at home. Will be doing my own on this too. Wanted a dual purpose for wife to ride in the park and paved trails; I also will be riding on tame trails with 7 gkids. Won't be a fleet of ebikes to keep up with.
Old 04-18-24, 10:22 PM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 193 Posts
I tried to get my wife to ride this 20x4" fat tire ebike, but she thought it was too heavy. It was about 60+ pounds compared to her 40 lb 20x1.75" e-folder. I tried to like it, and it was OK with street tires and a front suspension. In the end, my son got it, A lot of seniors (my age group) seem to like this style.

Last edited by Doc_Wui; 04-18-24 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-19-24, 09:30 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked 826 Times in 624 Posts
I guess the fat tires offer cushion and maybe stability for some seniors, but (for me, a senior senior) skinnier tires (2,0 - 2.2), which are much more energy efficient, lighter, and afford better steering control, are superior.
Likes For 2old: