Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

2011 Giant TCR Advanced 2

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

2011 Giant TCR Advanced 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-21, 02:43 PM
akeelor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
2011 Giant TCR Advanced 2 - NOS

Good January afternoon,

So I got on the smart trainer train this year with the 2020 Wahoo Kickr and Clmbr. I like it more than I thought I would especially paired with Rouvy. I have been looking for a second bike to put on my trainer that could be used on the road as well and I've had a heck of a time finding anything used in a 58cm.

I came across a FB marketplace add for a 2011 Giant TCR Advanced 2 in white that has sat unridden for 10 years and has less than 100 miles on it. Guy selling wants $1000 and won't take a dime less. Would you bite? Other opinions on value in this weird COVID market?

Last edited by akeelor; 01-31-21 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Better title
Old 02-01-21, 09:00 AM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
It's a helluva bike. I have a 2012 that isn't an advanced. I put a helluva lot more than 100 miles on it but it's my trainer bike at home. $1k? eh that's a little steep. But if you have the money and are willing to buy it then our opinion doesn't matter.

Old 02-02-21, 03:19 PM
Danhedonia

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 95 Posts
I have a 2006 TCR Advanced 1 that I absolutely love. I got it for $650 and think it's an absolute steal. Two mechanics have worked on it, and both couldn't stop effusing over the bike.

I'd figure out a way to ensure the buyer is being honest about condition, but if so: that's a great price on that ride.
Old 02-10-21, 01:16 PM
akeelor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks for your replies. I agree that the frame is very well regarded. Component group solid as well. In the end, I found a 2016 Canyon Endurace CF for the same price in very good condition. I preferred the more modern cable routing and 105 group as I will likely ride in on occasion outside as well. I'm actually glad to have a rim braked bike again. I do like the disc brake power but the maintenance for me is a royal pain.

Last edited by akeelor; 02-10-21 at 01:17 PM. Reason: typo