Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Advice on choosing a hybrid bike

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-23, 01:42 AM
andcon74

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone,
This is my first post; I'm looking for a bike to use every day and in my free time on the roads and cycle paths in the areas around my house (I don't plan on riding dirt roads, unless I come across them by mistake), and I'd like to ask for your opinion on these hybrid bikes ( or possibly others, my budget is at most 1000€ and I would like to avoid carbon frames or forks):
- Orbea Vector 20 (orbea.com/it-it/biciclette/da-citta/vector/cat/vector-20); I really like it, and it seems to me to have good features, but I've read some reviews where there is talk of a certain flex of the Orbea cranks. Alternatively the Verctor 10 would give the possibility to choose a Shimano crankset (perhaps more reliable, but I'm not an expert)
- Canyon Roadlite 4 (canyon.com/en-lu/hybrid-bikes/city-bikes/roadlite/roadlite-al-cf/roadlite-4/3276.html?dwvar_3276_pv_rahmenfarbe=BU) which has the advantage of being very light, but in daily use I fear that the carbon fork would require attention (to scratches and small bumps) that the aluminum fork does not.
- Canyon Pathlite 7 (canyon.com/en-lu/hybrid-bikes/touring-bikes/pathlite/pathlite-al/pathlite-7/2794.html?dwvar_2794_pv_rahmenfarbe=BK&dwvar_2794_pv_rahmengroesse=S), alternatively to the Roadlite for more versatility, as well as not having a carbon fork.

One last thing: Orbea has several authorized mechanics near my house, while the closest one in Canyon is 70km away.
Old 06-09-23, 07:27 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 540 Posts
The Pathlite has a fork and you won't need that for your riding expectations. Right now Canyon is having a huge end of season sale and they are offering some incredible deals. You don't say what country you are in. Regardless, Look for bikes without a front shock. Also, in your price range you're going to be getting pretty much the same bike from any of the usual manufacturers. If you just shop pricepoint you'll see what I mean.
Old 06-09-23, 09:36 AM
andcon74

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you,
yes, in fact I'd rather avoid suspension forks, if only for the weight. I've seen Canyon's offerings, but sadly they put carbon forks all over the place that I feel need more attention than the aluminum ones.
Now that I think about it, there would also be the Italian (since I live in Italy) Bianchi who makes the c-sport hybrid.