Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Find a replacement for Trek FX3 with chain set MT210 46-30T BB MT500 mountain

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-21, 09:45 AM
datzz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone, I am a noob for bicycles and I need your help. I have bought a trek fx 3 for only 3 days.

The trek fx3 chainset default set up is Shimano Altus MT210 46/30T 170mm with 2x9, BB MT500 mountain.

I totally destroyed the screw thread 📷 when assembling the pedal to the right crank arm,

Do you think solder the pedal to the crank arm would solve the problem?

In the worst case, I would buy a new chainset, which one is most suitable for my case. I have searched for a replacement, I found 2 potential replacements: Shimano MT210 with 3 chains 44-32-22T ( it is a bit similar, but has one additional chain) and FC-R460 38-48T BB RS500. I would really appreciate your suggestions.

Because of the Covid policy, I can not go to the bicycle for replace. But they can ship it to me

Last edited by datzz; 10-10-21 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-10-21, 04:38 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked 1,737 Times in 1,012 Posts
why don't you see if it can be tapped without enlarging the opening.