Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cannondale Synapse Assembly

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-23, 07:47 PM
juliuspb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm putting together a 2022 Cannondale Synapse(1 RLE) that came with a box of parts that are not really labeled. Reading through the manuals, I figured out what the other pieces are, but there is one small metallic piece with 3m adhesive on the back, and I have no idea what it is for. I assume it is decorative or a cover for something, but I'm not sure. It is tiny (scale of a finger nail), slightly curved (side of a cylinder) with 3m tape on half of it on the interior)

Can anyone tell me what this is? (I have pictures but I just joined this forum so I am not allowed to post photos or urls.)
Old 03-29-23, 08:14 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,437 Times in 2,763 Posts
Sounds like the optional support for the front derailleur. If it's a Shimano, check here Shimano
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 03-29-23, 08:22 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,437 Times in 2,763 Posts
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 03-29-23, 09:01 PM
juliuspb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thank you! That is it! I haven't bought a new bike in a while, and didn't even know which manual to look in. I appreciate it!
Likes For juliuspb: