Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Hot r Not

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Hot r Not

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-08, 05:52 PM
garysol1 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Here is a pic from last week of my old ride along with it's newly built little brother better known as the beater bike....

Old 11-08-08, 06:50 PM
ZeCanon
Writin' stuff

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks for the compliments
No idea how much the frame alone weighs. The bike as pictured is a hair over 15lbs. For race season it will be just marginally over 6.8

If the bonty's bother you just pretend they're HED's.... because they are.

Last edited by ZeCanon; 11-08-08 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-08-08, 07:03 PM
blindvelcro

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old 11-08-08, 09:04 PM
mtusz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old 11-08-08, 09:09 PM
fa63

Bikes: A couple

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by blindvelcro
Hot; would be even better with these wheels:

Old 11-18-08, 05:37 AM
bas2205

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BMC is hot, not sure about the saddle...does it hurt?

Here's my Mango Moose in road set up (including rear light and pump, it's winter...):

Cannondale Caad 5 Frame 65cm, FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue Crank, Campy Record 10s Group, Syntace F99 Stem, Ritchey WCS Bar&Seatpost, HED Jet 60s... Need a new bike in the spring
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
myBike5s.JPG (95.7 KB, 1043 views)
Old 11-18-08, 07:01 AM
Shayne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's mine, sorry for the dirty bar tap.
Flame away!

Old 11-18-08, 07:04 AM
pharding

Bikes: 09 Pinarello Prince, 09 Cervelo P3, 10 Stevens Team Carbon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biffstephens

In my opinion....way HOT!!
+1 for way hot
Old 11-18-08, 07:14 AM
bbattle

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 5.2, 1985 Pinarello Treviso, 1990 Gardin Shred, 2006 Bianchi San Jose

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
I think Cypress is selling a bike on CL:

Bike for sale

What kind of bike? I don't know, I'm not a bike scientist. What I am though is a manly guy looking to sell his bike. This bike is made out of metal and kick ass spokes. The back reflector was taken off, but if you think that deters me from riding at night, you're way wrong. I practiced ninja training in Japan's mount Fuji for 5 years and the first rule they teach about ninja biking is that back reflectors let the enemy know where you are. Not having a rear reflector is like saying "**** YOU CAR, JUST TRY AND FIND ME". The bike says Giant on the side because it's referring to my junk, but rest assured even if you have tiny junk that Giant advertisement is going to remain right where it is. I bought this bike for 300 dollars from a retired mercenary that fought in both World War 1 and World War 2 and had his right arm bitten off by a shark in the Phillipines while stationed there as a shark handler. When he sold it to me I had to arm wrestle him for the honor to buy it. I broke his arm in 7 places when I did. He was so impressed with me he offered me to be his son but I thought that was sissy **** so I said no way. The bike has some rusted screws, but that just shows how much of a bad ass you are. Everyone knows rusted screws on a bike means that you probably drove it underwater and that's bad ass in itself. Those screws can be replaced with shiny new ones, but if you're going to go to that trouble why not just punch yourself in the balls since you're probably a dickless lizard who doesn't like to look intimidating. The bike is for men because the seat is flat or some **** and not shaped like a *****. If you like flat seated bikes you're going to love this thing because it doesn't try to penetrate your ass or anything. I've topped out at 75 miles per hour on this uphill but if you're just a regular man you'll probably top it out at 10 miles per hour. This thing is listed as a street bike which is man-code for bike tank.

The bike has 7 speeds in total:
Gear 1 - Sissy Gear
Gear 2 - Less Sissy Gear
Gear 3 - Least Sissy Gear
Gear 4 - Boy Gear
Gear 5 - Pre-teen Boy Gear
Gear 6 - Manly Gear
Gear 7 - Big Muscles Gear

I only like gear 6 and 7 to be honest.

Additionally, this tool of all immense men comes with a gigantic lock to keep it secure. The lock is the size of a bull's testicles and tells people you don't **** around with locking up your bike tank. It tells would-be-thieves "Hey *******, touch this bike and I'll appear from the bushes ready to club you with a two-by-four". Bike is for 150 OBO (and don't give me no panzy prices)
Old 11-20-08, 05:57 PM
Cautionless

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TCR Advance 09

Attached Images
TCR Advance 09.jpg (96.3 KB, 118 views)
Old 11-20-08, 06:03 PM
domestique
Shut Up and Ride

Bikes: 05 Cannondale Six 13 (Record 2008 with DT rr 1.1 rims, WI H2 Hubs and CX-ray spokes), OLMO Antares (Micx of 06 Record and Chorus), 1988 Tunturri, 1980's Fuji, 1970's Crescent (Sweeden)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbattle

Bike for sale

What kind of bike? I don't know, I'm not a bike scientist. What I am though is a manly guy looking to sell his bike. This bike is made out of metal and kick ass spokes. The back reflector was taken off, but if you think that deters me from riding at night, you're way wrong. I practiced ninja training in Japan's mount Fuji for 5 years and the first rule they teach about ninja biking is that back reflectors let the enemy know where you are. Not having a rear reflector is like saying "**** YOU CAR, JUST TRY AND FIND ME". The bike says Giant on the side because it's referring to my junk, but rest assured even if you have tiny junk that Giant advertisement is going to remain right where it is. I bought this bike for 300 dollars from a retired mercenary that fought in both World War 1 and World War 2 and had his right arm bitten off by a shark in the Phillipines while stationed there as a shark handler. When he sold it to me I had to arm wrestle him for the honor to buy it. I broke his arm in 7 places when I did. He was so impressed with me he offered me to be his son but I thought that was sissy **** so I said no way. The bike has some rusted screws, but that just shows how much of a bad ass you are. Everyone knows rusted screws on a bike means that you probably drove it underwater and that's bad ass in itself. Those screws can be replaced with shiny new ones, but if you're going to go to that trouble why not just punch yourself in the balls since you're probably a dickless lizard who doesn't like to look intimidating. The bike is for men because the seat is flat or some **** and not shaped like a *****. If you like flat seated bikes you're going to love this thing because it doesn't try to penetrate your ass or anything. I've topped out at 75 miles per hour on this uphill but if you're just a regular man you'll probably top it out at 10 miles per hour. This thing is listed as a street bike which is man-code for bike tank.

Gear 1 - Sissy Gear
Gear 2 - Less Sissy Gear
Gear 4 - Boy Gear
Gear 6 - Manly Gear

Additionally, this tool of all immense men comes with a gigantic lock to keep it secure. The lock is the size of a bull's testicles and tells people you don't **** around with locking up your bike tank. It tells would-be-thieves "Hey *******, touch this bike and I'll appear from the bushes ready to club you with a two-by-four". Bike is for 150 OBO (and don't give me no panzy prices)

ROFL! Can you PM me the link?
Old 11-20-08, 07:55 PM
dgasmd
shedding fat

Bikes: LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp, and Colnago C-60 with Campagnolo SR 11sp.

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shayne
So hot it burns!!
Old 11-20-08, 08:14 PM
PipinFan

Bikes: 2007 Orbea Onix TDF,2008 Orbea Orca in Red

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice bike,too bad is not an Orca.. those tires wont last long,they are good for racing but not for training or lots of riding.
Old 11-20-08, 08:38 PM
markwebb
The Recycled Cycler

Bikes: Real Steel. Really. Ti is cool, too !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How many times is that ad gonna be posted on BF.

Originally Posted by bbattle

Bike for sale

Gear 1 - Sissy Gear
Gear 2 - Less Sissy Gear
Gear 4 - Boy Gear
Gear 6 - Manly Gear

Old 11-20-08, 08:45 PM
erliuic

Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite, BMC SLC01

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Giant :-)
Old 11-20-08, 09:06 PM
ravenmore

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shayne
Here's mine, sorry for the dirty bar tap.
Flame away!

You have Edge wheels. I hate you.
Old 01-25-09, 09:33 AM
dgasmd
shedding fat

Bikes: LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp, and Colnago C-60 with Campagnolo SR 11sp.

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I can't believe this thread died out with so many new bikes being posted as of late. Get them going here..........
Old 01-25-09, 09:54 AM
making
Super Moderator

Bikes: Surly Crosscheck

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1542 Post(s)
Liked 868 Times in 521 Posts
thanks good bump.
Old 01-25-09, 10:06 AM
sfcrossrider

Bikes: Steelman eurocross, Surly CrossCheck, IRO Rob Roy...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Too much heat! My income, and cost of living won't support me being in this thread!
Old 01-25-09, 10:18 AM
raleighrx8

Bikes: Raleigh Comp. RED, Haro Forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is the Raleigh Comp. I built in 08! I have since replaced the Specialized saddle with a Fizik Arione.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
01-20-09_2050[1].jpeg (64.8 KB, 102 views)
Old 01-25-09, 11:53 AM
Dago
Ninja cyclist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cautionless
Cool Giant but your rear brake housing is way too long. Shorten it so that it doesn't bend upwards and the braking will feel a lot better; just a friendly tip.
Old 01-25-09, 12:23 PM
roadrasher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Salsa Campeon. Set up with the thraser wheels...
Attached Images
SALSA.jpg (98.3 KB, 98 views)
Old 01-25-09, 12:39 PM
Strong Bad
ride lots

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roadrasher
Salsa Campeon. Set up with the thraser wheels...
Nice!
Old 01-25-09, 02:06 PM
Dick Rhee
Shoebomber

Bikes: 2008 Canyon CF Pro w/ Chorus, 2005 Moots Vamoots w/ Ultegra, 1988 Cannondale commuter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've been too busy with school to finish building this up but here's the new bike. Mentally picture some bar tape and a cut steerer and you're set.

Old 01-25-09, 02:11 PM
dmb2786

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HOT HOT HOT. build list?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.