Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Trikes RULE!!!

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Trikes RULE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-07, 10:05 PM
NoCom_rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trikes RULE!!!

Way to go Lone Wolf!

https://slappy-recumbent.blogspot.com...12s-at-mt.html
Old 12-19-07, 10:18 PM
STEEKER
dam this is fun !

Bikes: Hurricane Low Racer ! and a Masi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
hehehehehe very cool
Old 12-20-07, 06:54 AM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
Liked 735 Times in 456 Posts
I've never considered myself a trike person; but for some reason, now I want one! With a trike I'd have room to carry a lunch of bread, cheese, and wine. You know, for those times when I'm waiting for the peloton to catch up!
Old 12-20-07, 11:02 AM
squirl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very nice, but that picture is doctored and some of his other blog spots are fictional, so is this real or just Slappys sence of humor?
Old 12-20-07, 11:17 AM
NoCom_rider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by squirl
Very nice, but that picture is doctored and some of his other blog spots are fictional, so is this real or just Slappys sence of humor?
There is not one doctored or retouched photo on the blog. Its all real. Recumbents including all trikes RULE!!!!
Old 12-20-07, 11:32 AM
squirl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey man, CHILL! Im a trike rider but I need conformation. I just went through 39 pages of finish line photos of that Mt Diablo race and I didnt see one trike. I saw 1 recumbent, a few tandems, a pump bike, a few trailers but no trikes. I really want to believe this but intil I see proof it sounds kinda made up. PLEASE prove me wrong.
Here is the link to the finish line photos, mabey I missed it. There are 971 photos to look at.
https://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thum...aspx?e=3181446

Last edited by squirl; 12-20-07 at 11:40 AM. Reason: forgot link
Old 12-20-07, 01:18 PM
Shaman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Someone stole the link!
Old 12-20-07, 08:47 PM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Bummer. It looks like Slappy's BLOG was taken down. Maybe the language on a few of the pages violated blogworld's terms of use.
Old 12-20-07, 09:06 PM
NoCom_rider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
Bummer. It looks like Slappy's BLOG was taken down. Maybe the language on a few of the pages violated blogworld's terms of use.

No language violations John. Basically had no more free time for National Inquirer style photo retouching. Besides I could not top the Morphine PLUS saddle. That one was a classic if you know what I mean.

After the 1st it will be time to start working on your buddies carbon front wheel discs. Good Luck tyring to hang on once he starts using the discs. Please be sure to get a good physical checkup before he installs them. I do not want to hear about you having a heart attack while trying to keep up with CK and his dramatic dual disc speed boost.
Old 12-21-07, 06:49 AM
BlazingPedals

Originally Posted by NoCom_rider
No language violations John. Basically had no more free time for National Inquirer style photo retouching. Besides I could not top the Morphine PLUS saddle. That one was a classic if you know what I mean.

After the 1st it will be time to start working on your buddies carbon front wheel discs. Good Luck tyring to hang on once he starts using the discs. Please be sure to get a good physical checkup before he installs them. I do not want to hear about you having a heart attack while trying to keep up with CK and his dramatic dual disc speed boost.
I have a hard time keeping him in sight as it is! Not to worry about the ticker, I had my stress test done a couple of weeks ago and passed with flying colors. Maybe we can see you on a ride this year - you and CK can rocket off the front and I can chase you all day. I'd like to get some covers for my rear wheel; maybe that'll help a little bit.
Old 12-21-07, 02:09 PM
Shaman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
... I'd like to get some covers for my rear wheel; maybe that'll help a little bit.
My luck, we'd have a strong cross wind ALL DAY LONG!