Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Fulcrum freehub compatibility

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-22, 10:28 AM
spalfreyman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, I need to replace the freehub on an old (2016) Racing 5 DB wheel, which is setup for 12mm thru axle. I assume the replacement part is the RS-113 but that says it is for 17mm axle, does anyone know if that will fit when I have a 12mm thru axle?

Also, the fulcrum RS-113 is very expensive, but there are plenty of much cheaper alternatives that look exactly the same (at least, the online photo does). Are they all the same standard and interchangable? The cheapest is the Brand-X Trail Wheelset HG Freehub, and there is also Progress Freehub For Hub XCD and vitus M5ER.
thanks in advance, steve
Old 08-10-22, 12:43 PM
spalfreyman

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I tried a couple of different freehubs and annoyingly they did not fit, there is no standard even if they look very similar!
Also, the RS-113 does fit my wheel with 12mm thru axle
Just answering myself in case someone googles this in the future!!
Old 08-10-22, 04:18 PM
70sSanO

Bikes: 1986 Cannondale SR400 (Flat bar commuter), 1988 Cannondale Criterium XTR, 1992 Serotta T-Max, 1995 Trek 970

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1944 Post(s)
Liked 2,164 Times in 1,323 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up. My wife has Fulcums, but not thru axles, and this reminds me that I need to find a replacement for the parts bin.

John
Old 09-28-22, 04:32 AM
Gosh

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
You were aware that you can just change the bearings for that freehub, I’ve done so a couple of times. There are a couple of YouTube videos which show you how.