Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

A bit of a post war bling

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-23, 04:19 PM
Kekec1965

Bikes: Several, to many to list, mainly vintage British build. From A-Z of brands there are two letters missing, X&Y.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 207 Times in 60 Posts

Ephrgave No1 Lugs, 1959, refurbished by previous owner. Took me a day to remove that old clear coat film from lugs, under under it some surface rust started to appear. Luckily there was a post on here about similar problem, albeit their lugs were little less complicated to clean - but the method was the same - sharp knife & steady hand.....and for someone like me needing reading glasses I discovered that doubling up on those I have near perfect magnifying glass on top of my nose!

Took it for a spin last weekend, only to have a flat on rear. Was short but sweet never-the less. But I'm not friendly with tubs, will swap for clinchers soon, also this one deserves better than Maillard Normandy hubs. Currently at a bike shop specializing in vintage to check for rear alignment, remove those Stronglight cranks (52/45) to be replaced with some spare Gran Sport.

Pics were taken early on a very sunny day, once I get it to my usual place will take some more detailed ones -tis was before I remove that clear off the lugs.

Misty morning

bling bling

lolipos on seat lugs
Likes For Kekec1965:
Old 03-23-23, 04:39 PM
3speedslow

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1942 Post(s)
Liked 1,073 Times in 637 Posts
Nice!