Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

JBL Flip 4 Ready to Roll...

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

JBL Flip 4 Ready to Roll...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-20, 10:21 AM
Biketiger

Bikes: 1st Track bike: 1978 Speedwell titanium 1st Road bike: 2001 Independent Fabrication Crown Jewel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I say wear some ear buds if you want to listen to music, especially on mups where you share the path with so many others.
Making everyone hear your music on a mup is as lame as that one driver in line at a stoplight blaring music that thinks they are cool.

If you will be out be out away from everyone, sure blare the music if you feel the need. Again, ear buds would work perfectly in this situation, but at least blaring music won't annoy anyone.

If you don't want to call out 'on your left' on mups, then get a bell or ride roads.

Edited to add- its certainly a creative design.
And if you don't want to hear someone call out, 'On your left," wear earbuds!
Old 12-26-20, 10:43 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18428 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
Or blast music from an external speaker.

My favorite MUP ride ever. No music to ruin it.

Old 12-26-20, 01:34 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10971 Post(s)
Liked 7,498 Times in 4,194 Posts
Originally Posted by Biketiger
And if you don't want to hear someone call out, 'On your left," wear earbuds!
I wear ear buds.
1- I don't hear 'on your left' because nobody passes me. Thats the default BF answer.
2- I can hear conversations and people calling out to me, even with ear buds.
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 12-26-20, 02:47 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by cjenrick

no more "on your left!" because you will hear me long before you see me,

, what say?
Since you asked:
1- How do they know you are on their left?

2- The mount is cool. Good work!

3- Blasting music on a MUP is lame,

4- I just got a Flip 5 (GG) and it is really quite impressive for the size and cost.
Old 12-26-20, 07:33 PM
cjenrick

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 100 Posts
yeah these people are just not getting the bell.

and i am getting tired of ringing it.

and no, i am not selling ice cream.

and its dangerous because i have to change my grip.

and it don't work in the rain.

sorry folks, your just going to have to deal with the music. it might save your life.

a lot of other cyclists have radios so wtf? and the jBL blows away ZVEK and all those other bike specific radios.

yes the flip 5 has more bass, better for outdoors, but no aux cable and it is mono. i think i am going to run a cable to the jersey because you get better sound than bluetooth. note that the Hott 711T CD player does Not link up with the Flip 4/5 so don't waste your time and money.

i might have to upgrade. or buy another flip 4 and link them, one on the back, one on the front.

i do ride on lonely country roads with noother riders, so we are going to run medium volume on the path and blast it on the roads.

what's a MUPS? use to be those things that come out of the sides of your eyes after a heavy night of drinking and laying in the gutter on Market St.. is that bikie language for bike path or something?

Last edited by cjenrick; 12-26-20 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-26-20, 08:44 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
Liked 5,657 Times in 2,927 Posts
If you wanted to “out” the grumpy old men here, you found the perfect post!

Old 12-26-20, 09:52 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

, what say?
It seems some of us mistook this to mean you were asking what we thought.

My bad.
Likes For Kapusta:
Old 12-26-20, 10:25 PM
cjenrick

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 100 Posts
well, im 66 but dat dont mean , it's like i work in a music store and play in a band and spank the plank most nights, and it makes a ride so much more enjoyable , to me at least,

music is a necessity, not a luxury,

lot of pros use music to train, gets you pumped up makes you ride faster, longer harder,

you want spooky? ride a mountain bike on some single track at 2 in the morning with ear buds crankin

you know, i read three or four other threads where the same guys said the same thing, "we don't want to hear it" which is ironcically, also self centered behavior if you think about it, so i kind of knew what would happen with the thread, i think they call it trolling or something, and they sure took the bait, hook, line and sinker. of i wasn't trolling them i would have stuck it in the electronics section where nobody goes

some of these professional forum geeks have been hooked so long, they got hot buttons with cut and paste answers, "lets see, loud music again, hit Central + F3 and "we don't want to hear it" pops up.

Last edited by cjenrick; 12-26-20 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-27-20, 12:03 AM
Wilmingtech

Bikes: 2013 Ridley Helium, 2017 Blue Pro-Secco EX, 1987 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 73 Posts
what's a MUPS? use to be those things that come out of the sides of your eyes after a heavy night of drinking and laying in the gutter on Market St.. is that bikie language for bike path or something?
Multi Use Path

Your Welcome
Old 12-27-20, 01:02 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10971 Post(s)
Liked 7,498 Times in 4,194 Posts
yeah these people are just not getting the bell.

and i am getting tired of ringing it.

and no, i am not selling ice cream.

and its dangerous because i have to change my grip.

and it don't work in the rain.

sorry folks, your just going to have to deal with the music. it might save your life.
the claim that ringing a bell is dangerous because you have to change your grip is hilarious. This deserves to be a BF Remembers claim for sure. Oh my goodness you have tonreach deep into the reasons bag to pull that one out.

Also, how often are you having to pass pedistricts on mups when its raining?

Again- just ride mainly roads and you don't need to notify walkers and runners that you are passing.

That safety claim- haha, oh man I love it!
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 12-27-20, 07:25 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 3683 Post(s)
Liked 5,448 Times in 2,769 Posts
well, im 66 but dat dont mean , it's like i work in a music store and play in a band and spank the plank most nights, and it makes a ride so much more enjoyable , to me at least,

music is a necessity, not a luxury,

lot of pros use music to train, gets you pumped up makes you ride faster, longer harder,

you want spooky? ride a mountain bike on some single track at 2 in the morning with ear buds crankin

you know, i read three or four other threads where the same guys said the same thing, "we don't want to hear it" which is ironcically, also self centered behavior if you think about it, so i kind of knew what would happen with the thread, i think they call it trolling or something, and they sure took the bait, hook, line and sinker. of i wasn't trolling them i would have stuck it in the electronics section where nobody goes

some of these professional forum geeks have been hooked so long, they got hot buttons with cut and paste answers, "lets see, loud music again, hit Central + F3 and "we don't want to hear it" pops up.
If you are 66, I suspect they were still teaching grammar and punctuation when you were in elementary school. Bummer it didn't take.
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 12-27-20, 07:39 AM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked 942 Times in 504 Posts
Are you wearing this thing on your body or is it mounted on the bike?

Also, what music do you play? It makes a difference if I'm going to pile on the trashing or not.

Last edited by AlmostTrick; 12-27-20 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-27-20, 08:17 AM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Well there is a connection I never made before. Does it have to be a solo affair, or can the Mrs be in it?

And that is why you see all those pros training with boom boxes strapped to their bikes.
Likes For Kapusta:
Old 12-27-20, 04:09 PM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts

So if the OP admits to being a troll and essentially applauds themselves for such, will the mods take issue with the usage of this particular pejorative once again, or are we all in the clear?

Asking for a friend...
Likes For rubiksoval:
Old 12-27-20, 05:59 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 3683 Post(s)
Liked 5,448 Times in 2,769 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
So if the OP admits to being a troll and essentially applauds themselves for such, will the mods take issue with the usage of this particular pejorative once again, or are we all in the clear?

Asking for a friend...
I'd like to see the answer to this but I'm wary of checking this thread. Afraid OP may want to share his "spank the plank" pics.
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 12-27-20, 07:16 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18428 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts

And others just like to mess with people like you. It obviously worked. Like shooting fish in a barrel. 😂
Old 12-27-20, 08:41 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3093 Post(s)
Liked 6,608 Times in 3,787 Posts
Thread has already run its course.

Closed.