Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Major Bike Brands all Going Electric?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Major Bike Brands all Going Electric?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-24, 09:06 AM
ScottCommutes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked 283 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
There are already several steps available between ebike and electric SUV.
I blew out a 26" tire riding home yesterday and grabbed a new one at the bike shop. Despite being "ebike certified", I found it interesting that the word "moped" was stamped on the tire. Smaller faster vehicles appear to be coming, even if only in parts.
Old 04-13-24, 02:25 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 4422 Post(s)
Liked 4,066 Times in 2,712 Posts
Originally Posted by 7up
I’d rather purchase a quality Kit and battery then purchase a rebranded bicycle that is built in a country that has a ban on them.
You do know that there are plenty of companies that make quality built e-bikes that aren't rebranded. Bosch is one that comes to mind frequently though I am sure there are some that get rebranded from the same parent company to fill a spot in all of their brands with the same bike, but that bike in the end is still quality because it is Bosch. Also you do have say the Cervelo mountain bike which is just a rebranded Santa Cruz...curious what the opinion on that is?
Old 04-13-24, 05:53 PM
Joe Bikerider

Bikes: 1969 Peugeot PX10, 1992 Della Santa, Linus Roadster 8, Biria 700C ST-8

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked 510 Times in 324 Posts
You know what I had a very nice ride today. On a Saturday! Because there were no electric bikes out at all. I suppose they were all afraid of the little bit if rain overnight. I recently have been avoiding rides on Saturday because if the many huge speeding electric bikes on the paths. Glad to have a nice ride!
Old 04-14-24, 04:48 AM
Shadco 
Resident PIA

Bikes: Gunnar Roadie, Look 765 Optimum, Spesh Aethos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 364 Times in 193 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
^^^^^^
Gawd, I hate that shirt. I only ever see it worn by a large white men who think they found a shortcut to fitness or cool and has the arrogant attitude to match. It's their way of: "Stickin' it to the elitists."

Hubris is for losers.

Edit: The rub is the supposition that the elitist (meaning any performance cyclist) would think an E-Bike "cheating" or that they would give a darn if said e-biker passed them. Who cares? It's not cheating & people pass other people all the time. The shirt is a flip the script deflection to cover for attitude and lack of fitness. Why should anyone care that the passing e-biker need a mobility device to participate in daily activities. It's no different than a walker, a wheelchair or a cane? From this I deduce the wearer of the shirt has inadequacy issues.
The cycling analog to truck nuts.

I don't know where I am now...
05 Gunnar Roadie Chorus/Record
67'er
Old 04-14-24, 07:47 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1795 Post(s)
Liked 1,641 Times in 940 Posts
Originally Posted by Shadco
The cycling analog to truck nuts.

Car dependency is a tax.
Old 04-14-24, 08:51 AM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2255 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 1,822 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Also you do have say the Cervelo mountain bike which is just a rebranded Santa Cruz...curious what the opinion on that is?
I have one. It is essentially the same thing. But I got it for $2500 less. The only difference I can detect for mine is they don't come with carbon (Santa Cruz) bars, and they don't say Santa Cruz. Which is an asset, as I live in Santa Cruz.
Likes For Polaris OBark: