Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Tomorrow' ride. Is it just me, or do you feel this way too?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-09, 09:41 PM
bobthib
Legs; OK! Lungs; not!

Bikes: ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, ''11 Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

All day and during the evening, I'm thinking about tomorrow's early morning ride. I can.t wait. I can fell the sprints, the wind against my face, the pleasure of the pain. My feet and legs yearn to feel pedals. I want to have a great ride, and set new personal goals. I got to bed willingly, anticipating the alarm. I dream of riding.

The alarm goes off. I want to swat it off and roll over. Any excuse: too cold, chance of rain, mow the lawn, etc.

Is it just me, or do others feel this way?
Old 08-17-09, 10:02 PM
Copperhed51

Bikes: 2008 Felt F5 w/ SRAM Force, 2002 Giant OCR2, Specialized Stumpjumper M2 Comp

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Haha, I feel the exact same way. I am most definitely not a morning person. It's about 50-50 whether I overcome the excuses in the morning to ride. Luckily most of my rides are in the evening.
Old 08-17-09, 10:05 PM
cwathne
can I haz bicycle?

Bikes: 2007 Allez Elite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lol, I'm usually the opposite. Dreading it the night before, but once the morning comes I'm all for it
Old 08-17-09, 10:05 PM
mzeffex 

Bikes: Something Canadian, something Italian, something American, and something German

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Exactly the same. Not once have I pushed myself to get up for a solo ride. Not too much of an issue getting up for a ride with someone else.
Old 08-17-09, 10:20 PM
JoshTheSkier

Bikes: Lynskey R240, Jamis Dakar XCR Comp, Cannondale CAAD9 (Fixed), Moto Messenger

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I wholeheartedly agree.

It seems that happens a lot for me...
Old 08-17-09, 10:23 PM
n8tron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
also exactly the same, good thing is once i actually get up and start getting ready I waken up a bit and get excited.
Old 08-17-09, 11:08 PM
RyStan

Bikes: 1995 Cannondale R500 2010 Specialized Tarmac Comp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That first minute after the alarm goes off is the hardest for me
Old 08-17-09, 11:15 PM
undisputed83

Bikes: 2011 Litespeed M-1, 1991 Raleigh Technium (Commuter)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm also a night rider. I'll go to bed the night before with the intent to get out there by 10 or 11am... but I never really do until about 4:00pm or there abouts...
Old 08-17-09, 11:16 PM
a1penguin

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
I'm not a morning person. If I can drag my *** out of bed to do morning chores (cleaning litterbox, feeding/watering of three cats and six fish tanks), I'm usually awake enough to get out the door. Since I started biking to work six weeks ago, I only passed on the ride once.

I usually always look forward to the ride home.
Old 08-17-09, 11:26 PM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Quoted: 2657 Post(s)
Liked 3,172 Times in 1,669 Posts
I feel the exact same way in the early morning.
Sometimes I feel good as soon as I'm warmed up,
Other times I don't feel good until im 99% done and cooling down a mile or two from my house (think early morning v02's).

Everytime I tell ya I just want to sleep in. Somehow I keep coming back... Tommorow morning certainly won't be an exception; I'm on the road @6:30 for 2x20's . It is going to suck.

On that note im going to sleep.
Old 08-17-09, 11:31 PM
pchopper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm more of a weekend rider, but the night before I'm totally excited about the ride. It's about 3/4 of the way into the ride I start cursing at the road, my bike, my legs, and swear next weekend I'm just going to relax. Then the weekend comes and I'm ready for more lol.
Old 08-18-09, 02:01 AM
gvonne

Bikes: 04 Fuji Navada, 05 Specialized Allez, 09 Scattante CFR Team Red Platinum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Being a single dad of a 7&4 year old I can only ride my real bike once a week so I have all week to get hyped up(you don't want to see me when it rains on that ONE day though). However twice a week I'm on the indoor bike and that's when I don't want to pedal anything!
Old 08-18-09, 03:26 PM
bobthib
Legs; OK! Lungs; not!

Bikes: ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, ''11 Cervelo P2

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
OP - True confession. Rather than getting up at 6:00 for a 6:30 AM solo, I rolled over. Used the excuse that I had to really get up and go out to work at 9:30 and I didn't have time. Slept in to 8:45.

Planning on a 7AM ride Friday and Sat., weather permitting. This week is just too busy to get more in.
Old 08-18-09, 03:40 PM
DataJunkie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I have issues with trying to get up early in the morning on weekdays as of late. Used to wake up at 4am but now that I work from home that seems unappetizing. Plus, it is getting light later and later. I can only manage a 1 hr ride before starting work. My solution is to ride during lunch. Works much better.
Old 08-18-09, 03:47 PM
jesspal

Bikes: 2009 BMC SLX01/2016 Santa Cruz Bronson

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
I get up at 5:30 have some coffee, eat a cliff bar, take a dump. Out the door by 6:30. Usually finished by 9:00. I wake up early with anticipation.
Old 08-18-09, 03:59 PM
dgasmd
shedding fat

Bikes: LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp, and Colnago C-60 with Campagnolo SR 11sp.

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bobthib
OP - True confession. Rather than getting up at 6:00 for a 6:30 AM solo, I rolled over. Used the excuse that I had to really get up and go out to work at 9:30 and I didn't have time. Slept in to 8:45.

Planning on a 7AM ride Friday and Sat., weather permitting. This week is just too busy to get more in.
So weak. Yes, weak indeed.

Originally Posted by jesspal
I get up at 5:30 have some coffee, eat a cliff bar, take a dump. Out the door by 6:30. Usually finished by 9:00. I wake up early with anticipation.
I am not by any stretch of the imagination a morning person at all, but it is the only time for me to ride if I actually want to get some riding done. Bought some good lights, wake up at 3AM, 16 oz of water down the hatch before I even get out of bed, piss, lighten the load, get dress, and out the door by 3:30AM. Back by 6AM at latest. Out the door to work by 6:30AM, and working by 6:50AM. If you really want to get it done you have to do it. Don't just salivate about it.