Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

Phil Gaimon's Video Guide on Secret Water Stops in Malibu

Search
Notices
Southern California Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-21, 12:31 PM
Tycho Brahe 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 67 Posts

Favorite comment: I just watched a 16 min video about where water fountains are in California. I live in Wales.

I knew the non-sneaky ones already, including the one near the top of Stunt thanks to ooga-booga.
Likes For Tycho Brahe:
Old 02-23-21, 01:37 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by Tycho Brahe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatK-W0MOso

Favorite comment: I just watched a 16 min video about where water fountains are in California. I live in Wales.

I knew the non-sneaky ones already, including the one near the top of Stunt thanks to ooga-booga.
super-handy. thanks for posting. did not know about the fish at the top of piuma but have seen that fish many times.

some of these are hard to contextualize/place if you're unfamiliar with the santa monica mountains. if you're not
(at that) familiar with the sammos and you do ride them, i'd still pack max water and supplement with stops you remember
or find vs hoping/planning on locating these to fill bottles you couldn't be bothered to fill beforehand.
the age of covid-19 has made the state beach sources (west of and including zuma) a little dicey to be counting on with
them potentially being shut off. once you're west of the trancas canyon area, all you have are the state beach outlets along
pch unless you climb up to circle x ranch (water pressure weak) or decker firestation (excellent). neither one of those options
is easy on a warm day

Last edited by diphthong; 02-26-21 at 03:31 AM.
Old 02-24-21, 09:13 PM
N2motorsports

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 16 Posts
Sorry Phil but I use his videos to put me to sleep
Old 02-26-21, 04:35 PM
2seven0

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 235 Times in 101 Posts
I know he meant it as a joke but I'm far more interested in discreet "p" spots!! ;-)