Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

PSA: SGRT Construction near Alondra

Search
Notices
Southern California Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-22, 07:24 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 540 Posts

Originally Posted by igorgroks
Turns out SGRT is closed at Belflower for construction. I talked to one of the workers. They are trenching a sewer line under it and it will be going on for another couple of months. Quick-Pull out the phone and check maps. Best route I could find was to get over to Woodruff. First mile was iffy due to no bike lanes, but I soldiered through it.
I was heading North on the SGRT the other day and ran into the same thing. They had detour signs posted. I'm not sure but I think they have you ride on the other side for a while. Also, I'm not sure but you may be able to ride that portion down in the actual flood control channel (but don't take my word for it). It's going to suck if they keep it messed up like this for a couple of months.
Old 07-16-22, 07:42 AM
igorgroks

Bikes: Masi Fixed Speciale.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by TakingMyTime
I was heading North on the SGRT the other day and ran into the same thing. They had detour signs posted. I'm not sure but I think they have you ride on the other side for a while. Also, I'm not sure but you may be able to ride that portion down in the actual flood control channel (but don't take my word for it). It's going to suck if they keep it messed up like this for a couple of months.
That wasn't an option. That side was not bike trail at that spot, and the trenching is going under the channel perpendicular to it.
Old 07-16-22, 09:52 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 540 Posts
Originally Posted by igorgroks
That wasn't an option. That side was not bike trail at that spot, and the trenching is going under the channel perpendicular to it.
Thanks. I was a little curious since they had several "detour" signs posted but they really didn't point you in any other direction other than down Alondra Blvd.
Old 07-16-22, 12:02 PM
igorgroks

Bikes: Masi Fixed Speciale.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by TakingMyTime
Thanks. I was a little curious since they had several "detour" signs posted but they really didn't point you in any other direction other than down Alondra Blvd.
They had a gate closed and marked trail closed about a mile north of the actual construction. Someone before me had forced it open so why not? I went through and rode right up to where the construction was going on. Heavy equipment all the way across the channel. Being a bit of an idiot I didn't have presence of mind to get a picture of it. It was right at a bridge that crossed from the eastern rim to a park in Bellflower. From there there is a Bellflower Trail that gets you to Woodruff.