Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

They "sold me the Zizzo, not the steak".😁

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

They "sold me the Zizzo, not the steak".😁

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-24, 04:37 PM
Ron Damon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 567 Times in 356 Posts
Your saddle bike seems like a re-brand of my Rhinowalk brand bag which may be a re-brand itself. It's nice. $10 buys you one here.

I reckon the bike could look even smarter with a trim and bundling of the cabling. Like so, nice and trim, with no untoward protruding cables.

Last edited by Ron Damon; 02-06-24 at 05:32 PM.
Likes For Ron Damon:
Old 02-06-24, 10:47 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 335 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Damon
Your saddle bike seems like a re-brand of my Rhinowalk brand bag which may be a re-brand itself. It's nice. $10 buys you one here.

That looks nice to me too. For many years on my road bike, it was a small cordura zip bag. That looks much larger, and the roll-top wateproof design is great, don't need to pull stuff out to dry after rain. There might be room on my Dahon between the seat and trunk back on tall rack. I've also thought of hanging a similar but slightly larger canoe bag, by clipping it around the seat rails and it hanging vertically between the seat post and trunk bag. On a long tour, I'm sure I'll need all the space I can.

I've been curious to know if the Rhinowalk and other brands of Ortlieb clones, hold up as well as Ortlieb.
Old 02-07-24, 12:03 AM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
I probably paid twice as much for my seat bag. I guess the brand name "Zizzo" might have something to do with it.

As for the cables, I am planning to take it to a bike shop an have them shortened so that they will be completely flat against the handle post at its highest extension. That is necessary because to fold the bike, you have to do it with the handle post fully extended and the brake levers facing straight down. Since the fold requires the post to be placed between the two halves of the bike, this clears the front and rear axles. I wish the handle post folded outwards but that isn't the case.

Thanks for posting. Again, you build some amazing small-wheeled folders.

Edward
Likes For edwong3:
Old 02-08-24, 03:47 PM
cliff_cliff

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
its a nice looking bike, im not keen on the website branding on it tho
Old 02-08-24, 03:47 PM
cliff_cliff

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
looks bmxy
Old 02-15-24, 09:01 AM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by cliff_cliff
looks bmxy
LOL! Many 20-inch folding bicycles do look "bmxy".

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

Edward
Old 02-15-24, 04:45 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 335 Posts
Originally Posted by edwong3
LOL! Many 20-inch folding bicycles do look "bmxy".

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

Edward
Old USA TV show, "The Pretender", about a guy that is so smart, can learn nearly anything instantly, but has lived a very sheltered life, raised in a laboratory environment. Having escaped and dedicated himself to helping others, in one episode he goes on a skydive (investigating an accident with that), sees (what he does not know is a snowboard) and asks, "What is this for?" Next it shows him skydiving with the board on, doing fantastic stunts. Back on the ground he says, "Y'know, this would be really good on snow."