Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

First gen Dura Ace group

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-24, 11:20 PM
jPrichard10 

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 258 Times in 112 Posts
First gen Dura Ace group

No stem, no seatpost, no pedals (these are SR pedals).

A mix of black and silver.

Hoods are aftermarket, crank dust caps are plastic knockoffs, brake clamps are Campagnolo.

I'm not certain that the bottom bracket (not pictured) is first gen DA but I'm pretty sure. Headset included but J haven't knocked the cups out of the frame yet.

Hubs are laced to 700c Weinmann Concave rims. Skewers aren't DA, but they are 1st Gen 600.

What do you think I'm getting for all of this? Would I be better to unlace the hubs? Should I track down any parts?

Old 02-01-24, 02:39 AM
Kekec1965

Bikes: Several, to many to list, mainly vintage British build. From A-Z of brands there are two letters missing, X&Y.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 60 Posts
Not sure how the market is in US at the moment, but in UK/Europe is pretty dire for vintage bikes and parts. My suggestion would be to split the Campagnolo pedals (If they are indeed Superleggeri) from the rest as they will appeal to different audience and command better prices anyhow. Anodising on the big ring has faded, UV rays do that.

May be better to sell it as individual parts, perhaps do so after advertising it as a groupset first. Don't think bar end shifters are from same era. GLWS
Old 02-01-24, 08:08 AM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3814 Post(s)
Liked 3,345 Times in 2,182 Posts
-----

at the 1973 launch for DA there was no saddle pillar, headset, pedal or rear gear mech

brakes were DA stamped Tourney CP

a Crane model rear mech was used

headset supplied by Tange

pedals supplied by KKT

the above two companies were Shimano partners in their JBM keiretsu (trade group)

1973 trade publication advert -

-----
Old 02-01-24, 11:49 AM
jPrichard10 

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 258 Times in 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Kekec1965
Not sure how the market is in US at the moment, but in UK/Europe is pretty dire for vintage bikes and parts. My suggestion would be to split the Campagnolo pedals (If they are indeed Superleggeri) from the rest as they will appeal to different audience and command better prices anyhow. Anodising on the big ring has faded, UV rays do that.

May be better to sell it as individual parts, perhaps do so after advertising it as a groupset first. Don't think bar end shifters are from same era. GLWS
That's funny, the market is so low in the US right now.

And when I say these are SR pedals, I mean Sakae-Ringyo, not Super Record.
Old 02-01-24, 11:54 AM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3814 Post(s)
Liked 3,345 Times in 2,182 Posts
-----

the black anodised finish is something not available at launch for the DA ensemble

-----
Old 02-02-24, 07:49 AM
Kekec1965

Bikes: Several, to many to list, mainly vintage British build. From A-Z of brands there are two letters missing, X&Y.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 60 Posts
[QUOTE=jPrichard10;23144926]That's funny, the market is so low in the US right now. Yes, it looks only AUS keeps the prices up at the moment, here in UK you can choose and pick some fabolous bikes for not much, some for less than half they were a year or so ago.

AH that SR, well they do not hold any real value, but they do the job just fine... As Juvela mentioned some DA parts were not at all available at start and some were not even black. I happened to have 2 groupsets which I'm slowly selling off in parts, but they were complete, headset/bb/hubs etc included. Very good quality stuff.
Old 02-02-24, 08:10 AM
ign1te

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 34 Posts
I'd say about 100$
Old 02-02-24, 09:27 AM
hazetguy 
only here for the "LIKES"

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Quoted: 1644 Post(s)
Liked 2,241 Times in 1,052 Posts
Originally Posted by ign1te
I'd say about 100$
for the crankset alone, sure.
as a whole group, especially with those hubs/wheelset, that is ridiculously low.
just sold a set of those hubs/original skewers alone for $70 (friend pricing). if i had those rims pictured above on those hubs, i would not have broken down the wheels (mine had mismatched rims).
Likes For hazetguy:
Old 02-02-24, 04:26 PM
Catnap 

Bikes: Zunow, 3Rensho, Look KG196

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 468 Times in 187 Posts
I'd say you could expect to get $250-$350 for the group set as shown. If the rims are in good cosmetic and functional shape, I'd leave the wheels complete. If the rims are worn, unlace the hubs. If you clean and polish everything to a high shine, and then take really nice photos, you could get up to $500 but it could take a while until the right person sees the set.