Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on Co-op Cycles ADV 2.3 Bike

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Thoughts on Co-op Cycles ADV 2.3 Bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-20, 09:51 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3238 Post(s)
Liked 2,086 Times in 1,181 Posts
Originally Posted by gus6464
Except you started it blanket statements like 1x is for 100% dirt which is not. The whole cadence thing is really overplayed. If it was such a big deal we'd all be on triples still. One can totally get used to the jumps in the rear and maintain the same rhythm.
You really feel the need to defend the 1X concept ?. It’s been done, over and over. Mine’s just an opinion. You have yours, neither is right for the OP, given the info we have. I love 1X on my mt. bike, would not want it on my gravel for *my kind of riding*. Not sure the OP wants it either based on how he posted where he had not noticed that in the Co-Op specs, but it might be perfect for him.

Not knowing where the OP would use his bike, but flat and exposed to the wind ?, having the tighter gearing of a 2x is a better choice, because cadence does matter. Having big jumps between gears means you can be in too easy a gear or too hard. More gears gives you options. Really up to the OP, I know what I need and like, you know your needs and likes.

Last edited by Steve B.; 05-04-20 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-19-20, 12:23 PM
walnutz

Bikes: CO-OP ADV 3.1 aka Beeftank (stolen, RIP), State All-Road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 144 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
The sales rarely (like, never) include bikes.
They’re on sale now. FWIW I bought the 3.1 and love it. If there’s interest I can write a review. I feel like I keep posting about it lol.
Old 07-12-21, 09:45 AM
Whib

Bikes: Giant Fathom 1, Giant Escape Disc 1, Co-op ADV 2.3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kbydida4146
I am looking to buy a gravel bike and came across this Co-op Cycles ADV 2.3 Bike with really good component set. What are your thoughts ? Newbie to gravel biking coming off a 2 year hiatus riding a CAAD10 3. Thanks !
I realize this thread is over a year old, but I'm wondering: Did you buy the bike?
I just ordered the ADV 2.3 and it's set to arrive in a week.
Old 07-12-21, 10:19 AM
kbydida4146

Bikes: CAAD10 3 Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Whib
I realize this thread is over a year old, but I'm wondering: Did you buy the bike?
I just ordered the ADV 2.3 and it's set to arrive in a week.
Congrats ! I ended up getting the DRT 2.1(totally different bike) as the ADV 2.3 was out of stock by the time i made a decision. Enjoy your new bike and happy riding !
Likes For kbydida4146: