Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Old Guy Bling

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old Guy Bling

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-23, 05:43 AM
TennBent

Bikes: BMC Roadmachine, Obed Baseline

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 22 Posts
I had been wanting to do something with my bike but was unsure of what direction I wanted to go. In the end, I decided to go with a Swiss theme since my bike is a BMC and my favorite musical group is also in Switzerland. It may be a bit odd but it is fun, doesn't cost very much, and makes my bike completely unique.

The headset cap is the title of one of their songs and translates to "Now we're gonna have fun".

The bar end plugs are another song title that reads "Yodeling is cool".

The headset spacers carry on the theme.

I even added some custom stickers with yet another song title to give a name to my bike.
Downtube:

...and seatpost
Likes For TennBent:
Old 08-21-23, 12:03 PM
burrlamb

Bikes: 1974 Dawes Galaxy, late 80s or early 90s DeBernardi, early 80's Columbine, 90's Tomasinni.

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nice bike!
Old 08-22-23, 05:05 AM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1804 Post(s)
Liked 1,442 Times in 991 Posts
I guess you could call this 'old-guy bling' - flat handlebars instead of drops. I've been slowly changing all the handlebars on my bicycles to flat bars or lo-rise BMX-style bars. The Surly Steamroller single speed was always a little small for me, had a 25.4mm clamp, so that got BMX bars with about a 3 inch rise that made it noticably more comfortable. It gave me more width to the bars and a little more height that I couldn't achieve without getting a new fork with longer steering tube. On another drop-bar bike I used some cheap parts I had in the bin to change it to test it out as a flat bar rider and it also became more comfy, so moved forward and put better components on it. One more to go, what I call my 'light-touring' bicycle.
Old 08-22-23, 10:32 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18420 Post(s)
Liked 15,564 Times in 7,333 Posts
Don't currently have access to the close up photos, but you get the idea.

Old 08-23-23, 09:53 AM
marathon marke

Bikes: Felt F65, Trek FX 7.3, Centurion Professional

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts
Old guy with new bling shoes

Retiring my 13 year old Bontrager RL shoes for some Shimano blue-bling S-Phyre shoes. At age 65, having had a 40 year career in ultramarathon cycling (including a 300-mile record across Wisconsin), I figured it was time to spoil myself.
Likes For marathon marke: