Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Indianapolis

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Indianapolis

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-18, 05:51 PM
tfcyclingdad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Indianapolis

I've been a serious cyclist dating back to 1974 when my brother and I went on a 2 week long camping trip 250 miles from our home in South Bend. I was only 14 years old. I did some local racing in the mid to late 70's but was never any good after the first field sprint. I worked in a LBS for a couple years in high school. I custom-built my first real bike in 1976 starting with a Raleigh Super Course frame. I bought the frame really cheap from the owner of the LBS. I then had the frame builder, Doug Fattic of Niles, MI install Campy dropouts and had it repainted to a gorgeous metallic blue. I still own that bike today but rarely ride it since it is now too large for me. Not many people would know that it was Raleigh Super Course. Fast forward to the present - I ride a more modern road bike - a 2008 Iron Horse Excelsior that fits me like a glove. I enjoy long distance rides and try to get in at least 3 centuries per year. I've completed the N24HC in Michigan 6 times and RAIN ride 9 times. I am currently refurbishing an early 80's Woodrup with Huret derailleurs and a Shimano triple crankset. I am also getting ready to put out on the market a beautiful early 80's Holdsworth with Campy components and really light mavic wheels that my friend built back in his cycling days. He and his wife retired and moved to the state of Washington and asked if I would help him sell it. Cheers!!!
Old 02-14-18, 06:22 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3091 Post(s)
Liked 6,601 Times in 3,785 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums!
Old 02-15-18, 02:55 PM
deephate

Bikes: COLNAGO! Litespeed, Motobecane, Peugeot, Gitane, Fuji, Nishiki, Centurion, Panasonic, Giant, Trek, Cannondale, Raleigh, Bianchi, Winsor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Welcome! If you put anything up for sale Heaven forbid it to be 63CM!
Old 02-15-18, 08:21 PM
FBOATSB

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 913 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 344 Posts
Welcome to bikeforums, tfcyclingdad, post often and get the pics rolling!
Old 02-16-18, 12:23 AM
yadder

Bikes: CUBE Acid 29er, Salsa El Mariachi SSGT Avalanche X 2009, MMVZ Minsk 1980, Trek 4300 custom, HVZ Ukraina 111-411, Cannondale Trail 5

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice story! Like to meet you here !!
Old 02-17-18, 08:50 PM
joestrong826

Bikes: 2008 Trek 2.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts