Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

FS-Sugino AT Triple Touring Crankset-50/42/28 Gorgeous!

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-23, 05:55 PM
Sactown_Albert 

Bikes: 2017 Sage Skyline, 2015 Co-Motion Periscope Tandem, 2012 Soma Smoothie, 2006 Kona Jake, 1986 Miyata Nine Twelve, 1977 Peugeot UO18c, 1977 Peugeot PRN10, 1974 Allegro Schweitzermeister Model 76, 1972 Hugo Rickert Spezial

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 601 Times in 191 Posts

THIS ITEM IS SOLD

A few months ago, I posted about building a Peugeot PRN10 into a Randonneuring bike. https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...eot-prn10.html

I ultimately decided to stick with the original Stronglight 49d crank and installed a Tripleizer.

This was a crank that I had thought long and hard about using in that build. Sugino released this crank in 1984 and it was one of the first to use the 110/74 BCD standard that is now common.

The one I obtained was dirty and scratched but appeared to have been used little because the teeth on the chainrings were still in great shape. I was cleaning and polishing components for another build and I decided to give this a sonic clean, remove the grubby, scratched anodizing, and work on it with the polishing wheel just to see the outcome. As you can see below, the result was stunning.

This is a beautiful and well made crankset in excellent condition. Crank length is 170 and the chainrings are 50/42/28. It is complete with the integrated self extracting bolts and dust caps. This would be a great way of getting a little more versatility out of one of your nice vintage bikes. (If you go from a double to a triple, you will have to have sufficient throw in your rear derailleur to handle the range. You will also need a spindle in the 126-128 mm range for sufficient clearance, and your front derailleur will need to handle the range of a triple.)

I am also including for free an integrated spindle/bottom bracket unit that came to me with the crankset. It measures 128 mm. I don’t know too much about it but it appears to be designed to sandwich between the fixed and adjustable cups of any cup and cone bottom bracket. I tried it with French threaded and English threaded cups and it seemed to work fine. I can’t vouch for an Italian BB because they are a different diameter. It is a completely sealed unit and seems to be in good working order. I am including it for free but I am not vouching for it because I haven’t road tested it.

I think $75 plus actual shipping would be fair for this. I will pack it carefully and use Pirate Ship for the best shipping rate I can find to your address. I can accept PayPal F+F or Venmo. PM me if you are interested and give me your address so I can figure out shipping cost.

Last edited by Sactown_Albert; 03-17-23 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 03-17-23, 06:15 PM
steine13

Bikes: See my albums. I find that listing them here messes up searching.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 320 Times in 143 Posts
PM inbound. This will go on my Motobécane Grand Touring for a proper low range. Sweet!

cheers -mathias
Old 03-17-23, 07:08 PM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 701 Posts
I am appreciating that you chose to display it on an artisanal charcuterie board. Very much appropriate.
Old 03-17-23, 07:56 PM
steine13

Bikes: See my albums. I find that listing them here messes up searching.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 320 Times in 143 Posts
>> I am appreciating that you chose to display it on an artisanal charcuterie board.

LOL that's almost exactly the message I had mostly typed out on another of Alberto's sales... and then thought better of it and decided to be grown up
Shoulda followed my instinct.

cheers -mathias
Old 03-17-23, 08:25 PM
Sactown_Albert 

Bikes: 2017 Sage Skyline, 2015 Co-Motion Periscope Tandem, 2012 Soma Smoothie, 2006 Kona Jake, 1986 Miyata Nine Twelve, 1977 Peugeot UO18c, 1977 Peugeot PRN10, 1974 Allegro Schweitzermeister Model 76, 1972 Hugo Rickert Spezial

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 601 Times in 191 Posts
Sale pending

Sale pending